SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am currently racing supermoto in Ontario and Quebec Canada and the north Eastern US. I am thinking about getting a new bike for next season and I am pretty interested in the TM. As far as I know the only distributor in Canada in Barker Brothers and I've seen some pretty negative post on SMJ about his service and parts availability.

Would love to hear your opinions on:

- The bike SMX 450/530
- the service from dealers
- parts availability

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
TM is a an exotic supermoto beast! pm Gary Trachy eh has one and been racing it for few years now. i will own one one day!

·
Registered
302 Posts
TM make the fastest motorcycles with the highest attention to detail Ive ever seen. Well worth all the money and possible dealer headaches, although I havent had a problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not know about for supermoto but I was the mechanic of a TM 450 mxer, for the first year they came out in the US. It was good quality and attention to detail in manufacturing, but a pain sometimes to work on. Specifically getting parts. I hear that the new bikes are vastly improved and their FI is really good. The review of the new FI 450 was a contender right up there with the jap bikes and ktms... My $.02:anim_peep:
Good Luck and I think you'll enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i plan to buy a tm 530 sumo as soon as i sell my ktm rc8, i also have a berg fs 570. the tm's are aq work of art. the factory said they will sell me parts directly as there are no dealers here in colombia. i can do all my own mait and engine building when the time comes. do it bro....i hear barkers cycles is a joke....find a place in italy to get parts from on line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts