SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I don't plan to go off road with it...

...I don't need the ground clearance and I think it would clean up the looks , lower the center of gravity and keep the hot pipe from the left leg area. I like the duke looks, but wan the light weight of the SMC.

That is the reason, now will it work??

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think the SM mounting points are way different than the SMC.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does an SM have to do with a Duke or SMC?

You guys are sure quick to judge and laugh. I want to make a custom KTM motard and all I get is "why would you want to do that" and "that's a stupid idea." On my last (1st) post all the responses were about a question I didn't even ask (as is this one). Whatever, maybe I should just get an orange SMC and spend my time trying to fix the blinkers like you guys.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'd have to inspect them side by side. The FMF unit coming for the Duke may be the easiest fitment.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree. i comes down to mounting points and all that. The only way you can tell is doing a side-by-side comparo. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I agree. i comes down to mounting points and all that. The only way you can tell is doing a side-by-side comparo. Keep us posted.
also, if you need to add mounting points - check with dealer/ ktm about it voiding warranty ( assuming you're still covered anyway )

·
Registered
82 Posts
exaust

Great ???? just the center of gravity issue would be reason enough to make the swap. the duke exaust will fit on the SM the frame and swing arm are the same. but frame and swing are are not even close on the smc. More fyi diff front brake caliper and fully ajustable forks.

Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts