SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Sup?

Just wanted to rant a bit about a topic I know every guy here who's ever gotten any has had to put up with... Women. And bikes. :rofl: Fuck me but I'll be damned if I can't figure their problem out with motorcycles. First it was my mom and her sister/my aunt, now my current gf (and exs in the past) are ragging on me about my obsession with em. They hate them and the time I spend riding.. Every woman i know is insane, emotional and doesn't make sense and they have this thing against anything fun I swear to god almighty. (And yeah, I'm not posting this under my usual username lol, 'case the gf reads this or a buddy rats me out.) :lol: No offense to the ladies, but seriously, cut a guy some slack haha.

Anyone else feel my pain? Got any explainations? Any women on the board here?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You said GF, time to chuck her, end of story. My wife totally supported

my idea to go racing, I've currently got three bikes and she wants me

to get a fourth "two seater" so I can take her riding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Until they figure out that they would rather you having an affair with an inanimate object instead of the alternative, ur screwed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey it's not a perfect world out there:eek:, give yerself a fighting chance by finding one thats already a rider or passenger:bike: -cause non of us are actually "normal" people, however we are interesting...:infrandom

·
Registered
364 Posts
Never had that problem.... Growing up my mom used to think it was fun watching me do wheelies on my dirt bike down the road in front of the house. Sometimes I'd be out ridding and look over and realize she is out there with the video camera. Never once complained about bikes.
My wife doesn't complain either... She knows how to ride and has in the past. She doesn't have a bike now but will again someday. She grew up ridding bikes and shooting at a young age.

Sorry Bro, I have no idea what you are going through and cannot relate at all. All I can say is keep looking until you find that "one", they are out there. Maybe start looking for a ridding/shooting/fun loving family that has a hot daughter of legal age... They have grown up with it and expect it.

:bike:

·
Registered
681 Posts
i look at it differently. when i started dating my girlfriend, she was scared to ride on the back of a bike, but she had ridden one when she was little. it took me several months to convince her to ride with me. i did it the right way and explained everything to her, how to lean into the corner, how to let me know if im scaring her, everything i could think of. then i took it real easy until each time we stopped and i would make sure im not doing anything that scares her. after a while she started having fun and now she loves riding with me. and several times she has told me to "go ride" because she can tell im acting funny since i havent ridden in a few days.

just the other day we were in the car and she said she wanted to learn how to ride, and i asked what kind of bike she wanted and she told me a ducati. (hells yeah... a reason to buy another duc) i want to teach her how to ride on something cheaper first and then when shes ready i will let her take my duc for a spin.

the only thing i cant get her to do is understand why i need another bike. you know... that cheaper bike... so SHE can learn to ride.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Been there done that my man...my mom flipped when I first got a bike, but now she just tells me to be careful. She still doesn't like the idea, but she's at peace with it. Honestly, she'd prob be a little excited if I sold my bikes, but hey, can't blame a mother for wanting her son safe.

Regarding girlfriends: I have had a few that either loved to ride or were indifferent. However, I had one or two that started ragging on me for riding and how they didn't like me having a bike. They acted like it didn't bother them at first, but then their true colors came out. I kicked them to the curb :arsenal With any girl I date, I make it explicitly clear on the first date that motorcycles are not just a hobby, but a way of life for me and it will never change. Take it or leave it. My current GF loves motorcycles, loves to ride, encourages me to "get whatever you want babe" and would honestly be pissed if I sold my bike. I have officially lucked out this time.

My advice to you: 1) reassure your mom & relatives that you're being safe 2) KICK YOUR CURRENT GF TO THE CURB - she's never going to accept the idea if she's already ragging on you for it.

You can hopefully change the mind of a girl who is open minded about bikes or indifferent. But if she hates you riding and the time you spend on them, you're fighting an uphill battle that you're not gonna win.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dunno what the problem is... my wife supports my riding. In fact, she has a Ninja 250 of her own to ride.

Bottom line, plenty of cool women out there. Don't stick with one that doesn't understand your interests. It will end in pain.

·
Registered
161 Posts
' Every woman i know is insane, emotional and doesn't make sense and they have this thing against anything fun I swear to god almighty.

Anyone else feel my pain? Got any explainations? Any women on the board here?

Uhhhhhh....really we're not all like that. Find a new one. Some girls really have a problem with their guy doing anything without them. Lame.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
kick her straight to the curb then wheelie over her back and burn out on her FACE!!!
My old lady totally supports my riding and I just picked up a dirt bike for her to learn on and she is all stoked.

GET AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN!!! they will leave you alone

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I agree, get rid of that girlfriend. Then, look in a different place than you currently are. Obviously, at the places you are meeting girls/women is not a place that is conducive to positive attitudes toward motorcycles!

·
Registered
442 Posts
The kind of woman who gets upset with your motorcycles just cannot grasp the release you get mentally and physically after a great ride. It is foreign to them. In my experience, since they could not control my riding habit, they made other parts of my life hell. There are two unofficial afflictions they were dealing with. One is when you as if they are upset, they answer they are F.I.N.E. That is acronym for F*ckedup, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional. Be aware than this can morph into BSC (Bat Shit Crazy) syndrome if let go unchecked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with everyone, us girls are not all like that, I would be bummed if I ever lost my bike or had anyone feel they needed to sell something they loved because of me...we may not all ride, but there are plenty that are looking for rides

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
With girlfriends or wives, it's not so much the bike as it's the time spent away from them. They are jealous of the object of your fancy. Ditch the bike and get a old Pontiac Grand Prix and turn it into a amatuer stock car racer and she'll still be pissed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My wife rides. She has taken a local race school and done track days on our SV650. She was totally OK with me bringing home a brand new SM bike without my even asking. That just isn't the way I do things and she accepts me for it.

Any girl who loves you has to love you for who you are and that clearly includes motorcycles. If she can't do that then she is never going to love you for who you are but for who she thinks she can make you into. And we all know how that is going to end ........ :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
well i have a cure!!!

MOTOSLUTS from so cal!!! Im sure you can find about 100-300 of them any time in TEMECULA, MURRIETA, ELSINORE, EAST COUNTY SAN DIEGO... or just go out to Glamis on any big weekend... im sure they wont have a problem with your riding, but im sure youll have a problem with HOW CRAZY THEY ARE...

RAndal, good lesson man!!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Thats why i stick to southern girls. If they can't drive 2 wheelers, they'll ride along on back or at least be into atvs. Not to mention they like all the finer things in life: cheap beer, good whiskey, mudding, fishing, shooting, and usually cooking. I love me some g.r.i.t.s. :thumbup: I know some of you guys know what im talking about.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Theys also likes noodlin' for catfish!
Ooooeee Granny! Is That possum sausages I's smell? just a swimmin' in hog renderins?
Sheesh! They's all karazy!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts