SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably gonna drive up tuesday july1st. Plan to be camping in the Catalooche area just off cove creek rd for a few days inside the SmokyMountain Nat'l park.(just west of I-40 in NC) Anybody up for a ride?:bike:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Probably gonna drive up tuesday july1st. Plan to be camping in the Catalooche area just off cove creek rd for a few days inside the SmokyMountain Nat'l park.(just west of I-40 in NC) Anybody up for a ride?:bike:
I have to stick around here cuze of work next week... darn it. Have fun!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll be ridin' there. Are you talking about the camping area off that paved section left off Cove Creek down toward the elks?
KTM Mike

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I might be up for something if work allows during the week, got non-sumo related plans for the wknd. Do you have a way to get in touch once you're up here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I might be up for something if work allows during the week, got non-sumo related plans for the wknd. Do you have a way to get in touch once you're up here?
Hey Goose!
Long time no see. You been ridin' up this way much?
KTM Mike

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Hey Mike! Mango and I were just saying our next WNC ride needs you as a guide and soon. How ya digging that new 690?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gotta pospone...a/c just went out yesterday....thanks for the replies...you guys come up w/dates and i'll adjust...bout time for another one

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am off from the 2nd until the 7th if you want to bump it back a day or two. I was thinking about hitting the gap on an off-peak day like weds or thurs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm avoiding the gap till maybe after school starts back and there are less vacationers coming out of cades cove. looking more at the WNC type rides/exploring shady roads with little traffic at a slow enough pace to enjoy the scenery.:bike:

Will be looking at each week starting next, gotta make a trip that lasts for several days as it just under 500 mi one way.

Hey KTM Mike:
"I'll be ridin' there. Are you talking about the camping area off that paved section left off Cove Creek down toward the elks?"

Actually I've only seen it on a map but i think so. BTW what is a 2008 KTM 654cc SMC ?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm avoiding the gap till maybe after school starts back and there are less vacationers coming out of cades cove. looking more at the WNC type rides/exploring shady roads with little traffic at a slow enough pace to enjoy the scenery.:bike:

Will be looking at each week starting next, gotta make a trip that lasts for several days as it just under 500 mi one way.

Hey KTM Mike:
"I'll be ridin' there. Are you talking about the camping area off that paved section left off Cove Creek down toward the elks?"

Actually I've only seen it on a map but i think so. BTW what is a 2008 KTM 654cc SMC ?

The 690 is in reality a 654

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Mike! Mango and I were just saying our next WNC ride needs you as a guide and soon. How ya digging that new 690?
Oh yeah! Let me know when. I'm off for the summer ya know. Week days or weekends, no matter. I know some more good supermoto roads:thumbup:

The 690 (654cc) is a hoot!
2200 miles, 3rd rear tire (sort of: I didn't like the second one, so I took it off after 1000 mi., just put an M3 170/60 on it a few hours ago, test rode it, felt good, now ready to wear it out).:thumbup:

Hey! These smiley faces don't seem to work the same way as Advrider.....this is a test.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am off from the 2nd until the 7th if you want to bump it back a day or two. I was thinking about hitting the gap on an off-peak day like weds or thurs.
Actually, the roads near where ProjectX is talking about, are better than the gap in many ways, if you're bringin' a supermoto.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hey KTM Mike:

Avoiding the gap is probably a good move.
Does the campsite have name on your map?
If its Cataloochee, I can find you there easy. There are a lot of great roads right around there. Great choice:thumbup:

KTM uses strange choices in naming their bikes. Like Mango says, the 690's have 654cc engines.

HEY BRENT! Looks like rain this weekend........again:laughingr
I'm off all summer ya know:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
gotta pospone...a/c just went out yesterday....thanks for the replies...you guys come up w/dates and i'll adjust...bout time for another one
Next week is good:thumbup:
... or the following week:thumbup:
....or

KTM Mike

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
HEY BRENT! Looks like rain this weekend........again:laughingr
I'm off all summer ya know:D

I'm out as far as riding this coming weekend. Weekend after is when

we were hoping you could drag us around. :bike:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm out as far as riding this coming weekend. Weekend after is when

we were hoping you could drag us around. :bike:

:thumbup:Yeah, the weekend of the 12th is good, Brent:thumbup:

How did the go-cartrackday go last Sunday??? I don't know how you guys can leave the best Supermoto roads in the country, to trailer 100 miles so you can pay money to go round and round a go-cart track:headscrat. How many miles long was each circuit?:bike: Did it rain? On the 12th, I'll take you guys to the TOPSECRETWELVEMILESUPERMOTOTRACKATANUNDISCLOEDLOCATION, and when we get tired of that, we can just move on to the rest of the great roads in the area:infrandom

Well, its almost 7AM. Time to go ridin'.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey you guys,
I'm trying to figure out the private message system on this website:headscrat

It says I have a total of 7, unread 1, and when I click on
"Private Messages", it shows me 4 from last October and nothing more. How do I get to the 1 unread message???

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Hey Mike, sometimes the PM counter goes screwy and resets itself after you've visited your mailbox. There's a "sent" and "inbox" area just like other forums at the top of the PM page.

The trackday was awesome BTW and let's us ride like the best, although public, roads in the country won't always allow. Here's the pics and story.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=60685

We did get a little rain on that last ride but what would WNC be without afternoon showers. Still waiting for you to go to the 12 mile loop. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still waiting for you to go to the 12 mile loop. :thumbup:
Looks like July 5th and July 12th will be 2 separate supermoto rides, Goose:

MEET AT 9AM AT THE SHELL STATION AT EXIT 31 (off Interstate 40 in Canton NC) Saturday July 5th and Saturday July 12th weather permitting. Bring supermotos. All are welcome.

Actually I will be going on many more Supermoto rides before, between, and after those 2 dates, so just let me know if you want to go along. For instance, I spent a lot of time today at the Little Dragon wearing elephants off my new M3's:laughingr . Great tire:thumbup:

Of course we can visit the topsecretwelvemilesupermototrackatanundisclosedlocation on any of the above rides. I go there all the time.:bike:

KTM Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Mike it's Ron thanks for the call last night. I will be there I called my buddy that lives in Clyde and he mite show up as well

1 - 20 of 71 Posts