SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sometimes you don't know it's gonna be "epic" 'til after it's over and this one was no exception. Started out early Sat with 8 bikes from near and far. KTMMike put together a great 200mi ride with a morning full of twisties, an afternoon full of dirt and a suprize in the middle.

The suprize was we went by this seemingly ordinary house in the country where this mega-rig was parked and got to gander at it's contents. The last pic will reveal who's house and garage it was.

You might have seen this R1 on a CycleWorld cover once

Back to riding or at least pictures of all our breaks

A little "get-off" spot by one of our group in a deceiving corner

Project-X says bye in HotSprings

The mandatory BBQ stop in Hartford Tn.

And of all those exotics bikes of ours and what did the rafting babes stop to look at but the flat black rice burner with slicks :headshake

A break after the "secret dragon" ...don't ask

Of course my trademark self-portrait...sorry if I crack anyones monitor

And just before the last stretch with some toasted homies and something about a "shocker"...whatever that means :rolleyes:

Back home again to clean up and get ready for the next one

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Great pics Goose...Wish I could have made the ride...Was the "Secret Dragon" pretty clean of debris? Weve had alot of rain lately, not alot of travel on that road....I wanna go back there soon!

Kelly

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
nice pics. Very jealous. Who had the getoff?
Brett (doin the shocker with the dirty face) went into a decreasing

radius right hander, saw the gravel on the apex, stood it up and aimed

at the the big grass down hill. Lowsided it instead of trying to ride it out.

There was ~40 feet of down hill grass, then a barbed wire fence and a

drop off. A good idea probably. A broken mirror and a little dirt was all. :bike:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the "Secret Dragon" pretty clean of debris? Weve had alot of rain lately,
Yeah Kelly, there was gravel washdown everywhere we went except the secret dragon because of it's lack of driveways and side roads, made for the best part of the day.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Yeah Kelly, there was gravel washdown everywhere we went except the secret dragon because of it's lack of driveways and side roads, made for the best part of the day.
I was afraid there would be tree limbs....Im gonna get a ride down there as soon as I take my son back to WV.

Kelly

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It never fails...3 or 4 days after a great sumo ride like this and I start having withdrawals.
There's gotta be way to get more weekends out of a week. :hmmm:

·
Registered
720 Posts
There's gotta be way to get more weekends out of a week. :hmmm:
:Funny:
Nice pics! Actually making me a homesick, that and some chic talking about Bojangles today! Maybe I'll have to join whenever I get back to TN! These boring roads in AZ are killin me!

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Nice pics as always goose. Glad to see the rider that went down was OK as well as the bike.....although bikes are replaceable, riding buddys aren't. You got meet Jamie I take it? (Napoleon Dynamite voice) Lucky!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Had a great time riding...MAXIMUM SENSORY OVERLOAD...for a flatlander who hasn't ridden a curve in 10 mos.:eek:

My butt is beat the hell off me in 40 miles, good thing I bailed when did. Next day finished the ride, day after did the best parts. Overall my trip was about 60 % off pavement. Saw golden eagles, a snake swim against the curent and a hummingbird.Some pics back at camp.

Canadian Geese

View attachment 45418

Giant ground Squirrel

View attachment 45419
An ancient motor grader-still operational-controls worked smooth. View attachment 45420

View attachment 45421

View attachment 45422

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Sweet!
The color spectrum is not complete without a yellow bike. I know I'm slackin'. That's gonna be my excuse next time I get pressed into working instead of riding;

"I can't work. I hafta go riding cause I have the yellow bike."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts