SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo local dudes I got my bike back together, AppalachianDR should too by the wk/nd and temps will be in the high 50's on Saturday.

Terry and I are talking about meeting over near Gerton then onto Lake Lure, #9, Saluda and Tryon and so on. All lower elevation stuff for warmer temps.

How about it guys?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I currently have some plans on Saturday till early afternoon, but if they fall through or I get done early, I could go. It would make me do some much needed maintinence on the Husky. Ill take it to work tomorrow and get it prepped in case I go.

I am definately going to ride MX on Sun. at Cathy's creek. Someone join me! I may even try the SM if conditions are dry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
DOH! I wish I could, but I will be in Flording doing some diving. At least I will be doing something fun :thumbup:

I hope to catch up/meet you all on the epic ride though.
At least part of it.

-Trent

·
Registered
99 Posts
Excuses..

Doh! driving back from week in the keys, I am probably game following W/E

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headed to Brushy Saturday for some off road adventures.

I am going to get a lighting kit for my YZ 2 smoker from Wheeling Cycle so I can hopefully make the rides later.
Yo Steve, I hit Brushy about once a month..we need to coordinate one of these times. I'd go this wk/nd but I'm staying off the YZ while my bruises heal from my last trip to Brushy 2 weeks ago.

Hope you get the tard tagged, love to ride wit ya this summer.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like it's Goose, AppalachianDR and Chase. We're meeting at Acme M/C shop in Fairview at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Yeah it'll be good stuff, with a stop in Saluda at Green River BBQ for lunch.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Good call Goose...a perfect day!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got back to town Saturday night after surviving the CF that is Cruisers @ Datyona. Holy mass terrible driving on silly motorcycles. :eek:

Went for a cruise Sunday up northern Buncombe and picked up a nail heading home down Town Mountain. End of day for me, but it was pleasant laying in the sun waiting for the missus in the truck.

First motorcycle flat for me since @ 1982, should I patch the tube or toss it?

Bob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wish I could have made it, still recovering from a crash a few weeks ago...just pushed, strained or something rib cage muscles but they hurt! Sometimes I wish I still drank liquor!!! :drunk:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
First motorcycle flat for me since @ 1982, should I patch the tube or toss it?

Bob
I dunno...a good vulcanizing patch can hold up good, but tubes are so cheap....

I've patched tubeless radials before 'cause they cost so much, and they always pick up a nail when they're new.:headscrat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts