SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the summer is in mid swing i bought another bike (wr250f) and am basically open to ride any of the WNC area....

Oh yea i am quiet the hungry fella so i plan on stopping for a hefty lunch!!

All bikes welcome.

-Darius

·
Registered
369 Posts
Count me in. I just got a new bike too, a KTM 690 SMC.

I'd probably stay away from the gap, too many cops and harley riders.
but there are plenty of local roads to test the new steed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I may have to make this one!:hmmm: I live in that area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bring it on !

I live 8 miles from boone , in blowing rock. I know all the roads would love to turn you on to them, and as far as a big lunch what do you want 5star or bbq. I ride 06 ktm 560 smr. Hope yall respond!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live 8 miles from boone , in blowing rock. I know all the roads would love to turn you on to them, and as far as a big lunch what do you want 5star or bbq. I ride 06 ktm 560 smr. Hope yall respond!!!!!!!!!!

We are from lenoir, and my wife graduated from App, so i know some of the area but not much about boones backroads. Im moving to canton next month and am looking to explore when i get up there.

As far as this ride goes, im open to anything. Just trying to see how many people are interested and where they want to ride. I say lets take a path less traveled and ride some of the back roads your talking about(that is if its not too far of a drive for others).

As far as food goes, im feeling mellow mushroom or sledgehammer charlies.

All others chime in please!

·
Registered
369 Posts
This still on? I'll be riding for sure.

I'd like to try to get some dirt in on the new steed. Anyone been over pinnacle mtn?

I'd vote Moes BBQ on sweeten creek rd for lunch (I think it's better than 12 Bones)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Good feedback coming in! We are 3 days out, where do we want to meet,and where do we want to go?

If anyone wants to PM me, ill give you my phone # in case you need to contact me for any info.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I don't know my way around very well so if you just pick a meeting spot and time, I'll be there[/QUOTE]

Marion to candler is fairly a long way. My 12tooth front sprocket will be here tomorrow. I don't know if the 250 will be able to handle I-40 for 40 some miles at 65-70mph. Im going to try it out tomorrow. If i don't feel comfortable with it id rather meet in Asheville, ill let you know for sure tomorrow after the test ride.

Ill be staying in boone friday night so if anyone wants to carpool along the way let me know, the F350 has enough room for my bike plus another.

*edit*-After some advice the route has been decided upon, If interested, PM me for the route and meeting grounds.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
With the help of fellow junkie engineerjoe, today was awesome. I felt like a caveman kicking starting my yamaha next to his wicked 690 smc! Good food, nice curves, great times-What it's all about.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Dang, I wish I had been in town for this one, I was in Maryland picking up my Ape.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang, I wish I had been in town for this one, I was in Maryland picking up my Ape.
Ahh no worries bud, i got your VM last night. I'm moving up to canton in about 3 weeks so we should be able to hook up for some riding then for sure! Hows that ape? The wife says i can get a husqy after we get our house:thumbup:

Sorry i couldnt make it out today, my other half had already made my plans for me:rolleyes:
-Darius

·
Registered
369 Posts
With the help of fellow junkie engineerjoe, today was awesome. I felt like a caveman kicking starting my yamaha next to his wicked 690 smc! Good food, nice curves, great times-What it's all about.
As much as I love my smc, your bike is just as cool in a "keep it simple" way. Plus it weighs 60 lbs less than mine.

It was good riding with you. See you at the next one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts