SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Goosedog selling his bike, many of us don't have the inclination, desire, or means to host another WNC epic ride. I would like to change that. I've been riding under Goose's wing for years now, and I guess my turn to lead a ride is here and present.

I have a 200+ mile route planned that I would like to share with some fellow hooligans. My route is a combination of the high country ride along with some of the best twisties from other epic rides, plus some new stuff I recently found while exploring on the 919. As usual, I'm not going to post the route on here publicly so we avoid LEO's as much as possible.

At this point, I would like to set a date so we can start planning this for the junkies that have to travel from out of state. I would like to suggest Sunday, June 19th.

I also am offering my front yard as a camp-site for overnight guests to camp out the night before the ride. We can have a bon-fire, beers, ghost stories, etc. (possibly muddauber will feed us some of his wild turkey he slaughtered this season)
I am located in Fairview, NC (outside of Asheville). For anyone arriving early on Sat., I live at the base of Hickory Nut Gap, and there are decent twisties 4 miles from my house.

I would like to limit the size of this ride within reason to avoid having a massive group like we did last summer with over 20 tards.

PM me with any questions, or call me at 828.337.4009

My preliminary list is as follows:
If I put your name on the list, I assume you would like to go, please let me know if you don't want to. Also, if we are friends, please don't be offended if I overlooked you and didn't put you on the list.

For those of you that would like to come ride with us, copy the current list, then add yourself then re-post. Also, please indicate if you intend to come up the night before.

Motorcycle2 (host)
Muxhurdler
Muddauber

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unfortunately I'm still tardless, which I'm sure Gerry will remind me of constantly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
IM THERE!!! And dont worry about the food, i killed pleny of critters this spring already. I can fry up some froglegs and gator tail if i make it the night before.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You will include a BBQ stop somewhere right? Make sure everybody knows the rules, NO CHICKEN FINGERS AT THE BBQ JOINT!!!! This is aimed to identify, banish and exclude Muslims.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will include a BBQ stop somewhere right? Make sure everybody knows the rules, NO CHICKEN FINGERS AT THE BBQ JOINT!!!! This is aimed to identify, banish and exclude Muslims.:lol::lol::lol:

BBQ is part of the Epic rides. I'll make it happen.

Rules, they are few, but I'll post them later tonight. Gotta get to the gym and get these guns pumped up for this ride. :arsenal

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Hey Joe, thanks for the invite, I'll do my best to make it. Just depends on how things play out at work though.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Motorcycle2 (host)
Muxhurdler
Muddauber
Gerry McGinnis
Jomc (John McGinnis
Chase

I hafta go all the way around bearwallow mtn. to get to your house Joe.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motorcycle2 (host)
Muxhurdler
Muddauber
Gerry McGinnis
Jomc (John McGinnis
Chase

I hafta go all the way around bearwallow mtn. to get to your house Joe.
Why go around? Just go over!
Looking forward to riding with ya chase. Its been a while.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I said I would post the rules, so I'll give it a stab. Everyone on the current roster already knows them from previous rides, but for anyone considering joining us, here is the basic idea:

Don't follow too closely. We try to abide by the 2-second rule. I know some times I am guilty of breaking this rule, but the rule is designed for the safety of both yourself and others.

Wear appropriate gear. Nuff said.

Show up with a full tank of gas and your belly full. We will leave promplty at 9:00am.

If you see blue lights behind you, you should probably stop, however the rest of the group will continue and we will meet up after you have your shiny new citation. If we all stop, we are asking for trouble.

Thats about it. If I'm forgetting anything really important, chime in. These rules have worked for us for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Motorcycle2 (host)
Muxhurdler
Muddauber
Gerry McGinnis
Jomc (John McGinnis
Chase
Antikid (put me on the i really want to go but not sure yet list)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I said I would post the rules, so I'll give it a stab. Everyone on the current roster already knows them from previous rides, but for anyone considering joining us, here is the basic idea:

Don't follow too closely. We try to abide by the 2-second rule. I know some times I am guilty of breaking this rule, but the rule is designed for the safety of both yourself and others.

Wear appropriate gear. Nuff said.

Show up with a full tank of gas and your belly full. We will leave promplty at 9:00am.

If you see blue lights behind you, you should probably stop, however the rest of the group will continue and we will meet up after you have your shiny new citation. If we all stop, we are asking for trouble.

Thats about it. If I'm forgetting anything really important, chime in. These rules have worked for us for the last 5 years.

You left out a few rules, so let me add them to the list. No chickenfingers at the BBQ joint and dont ask Muddauber to share his hushpuppys with you. If you reach for Muddaubers hushpuppys, you may be drawing back a nubb.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
You left out a few rules, so let me add them to the list. No chickenfingers at the BBQ joint and dont ask Muddauber to share his hushpuppys with you. If you reach for Muddaubers hushpuppys, you may be drawing back a nubb.
What about his white toast? :rofl:

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Muddauber's nakins cost a $1 for sea level, and they go up in price 1$ for every thousand feet of elevation.....

So, show up to the ride after gettin' your poop on, or else pay the fees associated with using Daub's nakins................

:flush:

*** And if you break down, do not put your nuts on the other guy's back when he gives you a ride back...............

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
There must be some good stories from past rides:lol: I should road trip for this, as I've been wanting to get over there anyway:hmmm:

1 - 20 of 218 Posts