SuperMoto Junkie banner

Wisconsin Mini League or USAIR This year?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  elroy121 
#1 ·
Is the Wisconsin Mini Racing League being run this year or anybody else in WI? What about USAIR with the new owners?:headscrat

#4 ·
G no more Pikes Peak with the motard? Yea last year was a joke! 3 guys showing up per race!( at least the 2 I went to..,broke a thumb,sep shoulder for 2 months) But the new track in Iowa was AWESOME! all kinds of elevation changes and not a patch or ripple in site..I hope to go there this year again! :hmmm: heard a few rumblings from some kart guys that USAIR will race this year but who knows??? :headshake

#7 ·
The track in Iowa is called Kart 61..when I raced there at least 50 kart guys came over to the motorhome to shake my hand and thank me for coming!! They loved watching something different than karts even locals showed up to watch the racing...If you want to practice there it was $25 all day M=F.. w/e were depending if they had a race going on..just call let them know when your coming and they'll sign you in..Great people!!

#8 ·
Thanks, I checked the map, and 61 Kartway, USAir, and Road America are all exactly the same distance from me (3 hours, 20 minutes). I don't know if that makes it easier or harder. :D

Anyone post up if/when you're doing a trackday. It's always more fun with others at the track. I'd just about given up. Thanks Wilpir for trying to keep things alive.

#10 ·
I've been in contact with RA and USAIR this past week. Mostly asking about practice since racing in WI is limited to 2 events I believe.

RA will have their motorplex schedule released this or next week. Will be very similar to last year. Wed nights and some weekends.

USAIR told me they hope to have the same practice arrangement as last year. Every time we showed up we were the only 3 bikes there with the exception of 2 other bikes one time. I work 10 min from RA so 1/2 day vacation is perfect. USAIR is just over and hour so either way it turns into a good day. USAIR is also hoping to push up attendance on their one race (Lightning on the wolf??). I've never been but would like to attend this year.

#11 ·
I did the whole weekend last year for the LOTW race at USAIR, got a room for the weekend and did Friday practice and 2 days racing, first time, in prior years I thought it was too far or too "pro" to bother going and wasn't sure if I would do it last year, big mistake, it was super fun and I wished I had gone to the first 2 I skipped, I wouldn't miss it this year if you paid me , this is the event to do !!!

#12 ·
Anybody racing lightning on the wolf 2016?

I just discovered the us air track and I am going to race this coming weekend. I am riding a cr 85/105 that I am borrowing from a friend. Just wondering how many bikes will be there since info is sparse. Looking forward to some fun and new friends since I havent raced in 13 years and never raced supermoto before.

#14 ·
I just discovered the us air track and I am going to race this coming weekend. I am riding a cr 85/105 that I am borrowing from a friend. Just wondering how many bikes will be there since info is sparse. Looking forward to some fun and new friends since I havent raced in 13 years and never raced supermoto before.
it will be a lot of fun, typically there is not a lot of bikes in each class, hopefully there is more this year,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.