SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
MKA has 3 practices for saturday races and 2 prctices on Sunday races. Races are 3 heats I believe. All for less $ than a practice day at the other tracks, super cheap. Fun track.
I raced there 2 yrs ago and got 2 practice and 2 races... and practice days at other tracks are ALL DAY for $25-$35 MKA is not even close just sayin! :headshake:headscrat:hmmm:

practice days are $40 , the money isn't the big deal as much as driving distance and track time/quality , and RA and Shawano have the quality tracks worth driving to, have not been to MKA but I probably will hit a race or 2 there this year, mka looks to be a lot further than Shawano from Chicago, and Shawano is a long drive

great day at USAir, we really got lucky with the weather, late in the afternoon the sun came out and we had a awesome track, I knew it would be cold in the morning and it rained all day in Chicago,,,,,,,, yo maynard, why the rush to leave? haven't seen you in a couple years and you left while I was on the track

Attachments

I had to be home by 5:30. I was on the track by 9:30 so I got plenty of seat time. I was the only person on the track until a cart showed up at 11:30.

Weather was great in the morning and only got better as the day went on. June 8th at RA will be my next time out.

i rode untill 6pm and was cramping and couldn't ride anymore, didn't get home till midnight, you will learn that when the track/air temps are low 50's or worse its hard to get heat in the tires, I figured there was no point in getting there early, 2 riders showed up at 1 when I did and a couple more showed up later, even a young couple with matching his and hers ninja 250s, we had a good group running and the kart left early so we had the track to ourselves at the end of the day

Sorry I didn't get over to say hi, I was on the #351 Honda pitted with the white trailer (and those were my two kids running around). I think you talked to my buddy Tommy a bit about buying tires or parts. It did turn into a great day. We're planning on Road America this Sunday if the rain holds.

I saw you on the track and yes tom did come by and introduce himself, I made it over to the guy next to you with the ktm and then it was time to get back on the track, I also met Grant who had the #2 Honda 2 srtoke, nice young kid who lives close to usair, said to let him know when we go there next, he may have an account here on smj,,, , I have a trade show for work I cant get out of, setup day is sunday and teardown is Wednesday so I cant make either of the RA days this month, maybe back to usair in a week or 2?

this sunday june 12, me, the farmer, and anyone else serious about sumo will be at road America for the superbikers2 race, and vintage bikes on the big track as well, come on out and race, or watch, or go ride in an abandoned field where people dump old tires

Outside the quad cities we have Kartway 61. I practice there regularly, hit me up if you are interested I'm looking for people to race with.

Oct 9th 2016 at USAIR

Sunday Oct 9th 2016 at USAIR

It's an open track day there. I'll be heading there with a few buds, though most of us will be on small ultralight race bikes like 300 ninjas and R3's. I'll probably roll in around 11am to be on the track for the warmest part of the day.

Might be the last one this season, come join us!

Look for me, I'm the old man riding a 300 ninja with evil eyes. :thumbup:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.