SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's do it! I've never been on the kart track, but rumor says it's got pretty good traction. It's time to tear it up and make the karts sit some time out :laughingr

I believe it's $10 gate fees, and $25 to ride all day. So who's in? Let's go have some fun! It'll be my first time on the sumo track since my injury, so you won't have to worry too much about getting pwned!!!!!!! :anim_peep:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I was looking at that track a few weeks back when I was there. It definately looks like a blast, too bad its so damn far. I'd love to go up there and ride. Maybe they will do a Saturday kart track day?? That would be alot easier for me. Now I know how you guys feel having to drive to Grange, Adams, Apex or Qualcomm.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason I didnt choose saturday is because they have an actual kart race day on the schedule.

Brakelate - Bring your DRZ :anim_peep:

j/k I'll be bringing my YZ450 out as i haven't ridden it in months. Might bring my gsx-r1k with for sale sign too if they're having a trackday or something on the big track. free advertising! :thumbup:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is STILL ON!!! :bannana:

I just called Willow Springs to double check the specifics. The lady said the track is indeed open on Sunday, so we are good to go! It's $25 for the day, and she said we shouldn't have to pay the $10 entrance fee. Just tell the gate guy that we're running the kart track, and heading to the admin office as soon as you go in. There you'll sign the waiver, yada yada yada, pay up, and then you're good to go! :thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's on, cannot wait to get spanked by some 450's LOL

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
attn brakelate: you still coming?

old man tetge? let's see that "fast" black bike on the track :headscrat

·
Registered
102 Posts
that fast black bike is too purdy to be on the track LOL.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Let's do it! I've never been on the kart track, but rumor says it's got pretty good traction. It's time to tear it up and make the karts sit some time out :laughingr

I believe it's $10 gate fees, and $25 to ride all day. So who's in? Let's go have some fun! It'll be my first time on the sumo track since my injury, so you won't have to worry too much about getting pwned!!!!!!! :anim_peep:
Is there a membership fee......:headscrat

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a membership fee......:headscrat

Just talked to WS on the phone, they said there is no additional membership fee. Just your $25 track fees for the day! :thumbup:

Gates open at 0630 on Sunday, and track opens at 0800 :coffee:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
attn brakelate: you still coming?
Yeah! What time is everyone showing up? Early? - It's looking like it's gonna be hot.

I still have to work the bugs out of the KTM's rear brake. Hope to have that done and use this as a test to see if it's fixed.

I too may bring the DRZ along as back up and for some fun laps, though I just mounted new rain tires on it for the street. :lol:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Heat Stroke Here I come!

Oh, and I'm bringing all three of my GoPro's. So if anyone wants to be in a YouTube vid, show up. I don't think there are many (if any) Supermoto vids taken on the WS Kart Track. So this could be good.

I doubt there will be more than three or four of us out there, so we should have some cool footage, if you guys wait up for me on the DRZ "Camera Truck". :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
i plan on being there as soon as the track opens up at 0800. i'll have my gopro and steve will have his, so there will be plenty of vid angles.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Cool! Just had a tooth extracted. Sucks. So hopefully I'll be back into riding shape.

I'll spread the word around a couple of selective bike sites I frequent.

We'll see if Norton John from that last ride would come out and like to give my DRZ a try.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i'll probably aim for about 0700 so i can be unloaded and dressed when it's time to riiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump!!!

Come on, who can't be excited to ride all day for only $25!!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'm gonna make a thread in the pics/vid section for all the action!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts