SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2010 ktm 690r and I was looking to set it up with supermoto wheels. I have a front wheel off a 530 that fits good, but the rear 530 doesn't have the cush drive and the spindle size is smaller. I found an '06 625 rear wheel, I was looking at the part numbers for the spindle which are the same except for the first 4 numbers, but before I spend any more money does anybody know if this will bolt up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The issue with the 530 wheel was that it didnt have a cush drive, and when I took out the bushing the spindle off the 690 fit nice, I was thinking that the bushing could be drilled out then the wheel might fit, but I dont know about the spacing in the swingarm, if the 625 wheel is the same as the 530 but with cush drive then it might be possible?

·
6,598 Posts
a cush drive hub on a 625 is the same width as a conventional hub on a 530.

the 625 uses rotor spacers and different wheel spacers because the swingarm on the 625 is a tad wider, but the actual hub size is the same like on most other ktm's. without those spacers the rear off a 625 fits directly onto a 530 or any other exc/sxf/smr.

the 690 rear wheel comes with a wider hub. they don't use any spacers because the hub itself is bigger, which is also a reason why a 690 rear wheel won't fit on any other bikes, it's not just because of the different axle size.

if you want to fit a 625 wheel on a 690 you would first need to make custom wheel spacers, maybe even change the wheel bearings because I don't know if the 25 mm rear axle off a 690 will fit through the stock bearings with the spacers fitted in them. then you'd have to make another spacer for the rotor and/or sprocket depending on how you allign the wheel with wheel spacers.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
This looks like a start? Looking at the description, it appears as though you will still need a 690 sprocket carrier?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Skully! SO my next question would be, if I were to get a 690 hub, could I take the 530 hub out and lace the 690 hub in its place?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not the rear. It's a good bit wider for the 180/190 tire as opposed to the 160. Front, might...

Duke wheels (not super) will be the closest

·
6,598 Posts
Thanks Skully! SO my next question would be, if I were to get a 690 hub, could I take the 530 hub out and lace the 690 hub in its place?
no to that either :lol:

wheels with a cush hub use different spokes, the spoke holes in the rim are cut at a different angle. so if you have a cush hub you need to get a matching rim for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thanks Skully and Yuu, I guess I will put the 530 wheelset back on craigslist, where I found it, and look/save up for the right set of wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts