SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its time for a new battery and ive been looking around locally. walmart has a 35$ and 45$ battery that fits the dimensions. motox(dan) has a 69$ and 129$ battery. are the ones dan sells that much better?

·
Registered
444 Posts
My political views aside (I hate Walmart) I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it is 12V, is the right size and CCA then it should be fine. When/if I replace mine I'll probably try one of the fancy new LiOn batts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My political views aside (I hate Walmart) I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it is 12V, is the right size and CCA then it should be fine. When/if I replace mine I'll probably try one of the fancy new LiOn batts.
ive heard of those but finding one is hard.
whats are the CCA for the husky?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Man, no idea. Just replace it with the same size batt you have now. I think Motostrano might cary the new style batteries. I think there are a number of guys here on the forum running them, but not sure where they bought them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
CCA may be a problem

The CCA rating for the stock battery is significantly higher than anything I could find in the same size at Walmart, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. The same size battery with a lower CCA rating may not spin the motor very well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) is important in cold climates, you're not in a cold climate so it shouldn't matter as much. As for the LiFePO4 batteries, I sell the Antigravity brand and currently run the 8-cell in my "race only" GSXR 1000 and SM450R they both start right up on the first push of the button in temps as low as 37F. And the cost isn't that much more or is equal to a lead battery.

http://store.madisonsbk.com/performance-parts/batteries-lifepo4/motorcycle.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts