SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why my feet get off the pegs when I hit a jump? I go in about mid 2nd gear and I stand up, holding the tank with my legs firmly, but I almost superman off my bike. My friend can do it with his 350x, but when he tries my bike it also does the same thing. Is it the bike, the ramp or my wannabe ass?

·
Registered
32 Posts
here is a couple of things. firts set your rear suspension sag 100mm. for a starting point. second do not death grip the tank with your legs. let the bike move around under you. your legs are also part of your suspension. third if you still have a kicking problem , slow down your rebound on the rear shock. read your owners manual on setting up your suspension. it will explain how it works and how to adjust. keep at it and before long you will have your bike riding the way you want it to.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a couple of things. firts set your rear suspension sag 100mm. for a starting point. second do not death grip the tank with your legs. let the bike move around under you. your legs are also part of your suspension. third if you still have a kicking problem , slow down your rebound on the rear shock. read your owners manual on setting up your suspension. it will explain how it works and how to adjust. keep at it and before long you will have your bike riding the way you want it to.
Thanks man! I really appreciate it, I will check into that :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would blame the gravitation forces caused by the moon. There is no other answer to this question. Blowing up the moon is the only solution.

Seriously, it has to be suspension set up and execution (in that order).

I would say everything that smc953 has said in the second post.
The older I get I realize how picky I have become with suspension set up, once you get your suspension set up correctly, the more fun you will have riding and the faster you will be.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would blame the gravitation forces caused by the moon. There is no other answer to this question. Blowing up the moon is the only solution.

Seriously, it has to be suspension set up and execution (in that order).

I would say everything that smc953 has said in the second post.
The older I get I realize how picky I have become with suspension set up, once you get your suspension set up correctly, the more fun you will have riding and the faster you will be.
Now that is bloody funny!!! :rofl: I just love that random stuff, good one :thumbup: The moon has a LOT to answer for.

I'm no jump or wheelie expert but giving a bit of throttle on the crest will help to keep the bike in line and not nose dive to the ground. Also don't pitch your bodyweight forward, keep a slightly rear balanced/sprung position for a happy landing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts