SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into some different race fuels now. Who uses race fuel? What brand and type do you use? Did you do any tuning to optimize power? Did you notice any reliability issues with running oxygenated fuels?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You won't find any more power using race fuel unless your motor has been detuned to allow a highly modified motor to run on pump gas. Anybody that does get more power out of an internally stock motor has fueling issues.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You won't find any more power using race fuel unless your motor has been detuned to allow a highly modified motor to run on pump gas. Anybody that does get more power out of an internally stock motor has fueling issues.
while that's true of simple high octane fuels, oxygenated race fuels can add a decent amount of power on an internally stock engine.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I use race fuel. All fuels are different. A stock bike can benefit from race fuel but most of the time its not worth it. I would not use race fuel unless your enigine is built for it and needs it. Also I wold not use it unless your bike is tuned on a dyno so its correctly mapped for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking into this a bit further. I think I'm going with Motorsport 109 from VP fuels. 109 has one of the highest oxygenation values, 9%, in VPs lineup that is still a gasoline based fuel. The potential is about 5% increase in horsepower with adjusted timing and AFR, obviously the bike will need to be tuned on the dyno. I also looked into E85 a little, seems like there is potential for about a 10% increase or more, but the injector flow rate will limit the amount of power increase available. Also, E85 will probably be a bit harsh and could cause damage to the fuel pump, lines, injector, throttle body etc. on an older bike (mine is from 2009) not designed for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts