SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a new 08 SM610. 900miles on her and the rear tire is about done!

Where can I find the OEM tire? It has a Dunlop Sportmax D253, in a 150/60/17???

NONE of the websites I can find carry this tire.

Thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just curious how did you burn up a tire in 900 miles?? I have 1400 on mine and its fine. Any reason why you need an OEM tire there are lots of options out there??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
900 miles and it is almost gone in the center. Do you have the D253???

I wanted to go with an OEM tire as to match the front which is fine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes I do have the 253. Where you doing burnouts?? Anyway if not I would think if you only got 900 miles put of it you wouldn't want another one. Probably would be cheaper in the long run to just by a whole new set that maybe you will get better mileage out of it. All Im saying is do some research instead of sinking money into a tire that is not performing that well for your application.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm mostly curious why you want to buy the OEM fitment tires if they only last 900 miles! :eek:

I'm about to order a set of Michelin's Pilot Road 2 for my 610.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, this is not what the thread is about.

The question is where can I purchase a the Dunlop D253?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I ride with TJD and can tell you that the wear is not from burnouts or over inflation. My unprofessional opinion is that the "performance" of the tire is quite good, except for the rear wear. The front still looks good, and should be so for a couple thousand miles more.

I never heard of the D253s till I saw them on the '08 SM 610, and aside from the rear tire wearing so quickly (perhaps a flaw in the tire?) I'd say they are fairly close in stickyness to the Contiforce SMs I run on my bike.

For those of you that had/have these on your new Huskys, how did they hold up for you?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Burned up the stock Diablos in 2300 miles. Avon Distanzias made it to 2700 miles for the rear, the front is still good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts