SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I come from Denmark (Northern Europe) and i have some problems finding some white plastics for my DRZ400SM 2005.

In denmark the 2005 DRZ400SM is the newest because of our stupid Co2 rules. I believe that the 2007 models are born with white plastics, and do they fit mine?

I hope you guys can help me out and understand my bad english =)

Best regards
Sahlin

·
Registered
134 Posts
UFO (an Italian company) makes white plastics for the DRZ. The rear fender will have to be modified in order to slide over the sub-frame. A white supermoto front fender and fork guards are available from them also. The white headlight shroud and gas tank are available as OEM items only (used ones are occasionally available). Acerbis makes a white kit also but are known for poor color quality (as compared to OEM).

Suzuki also makes a full "Supermoto Appearance Kit" (which is incredibly expensive!) in black, white, and yellow. They also make a "front only" kit

For my white 2008 DRZ 400 SM - I use the sides and rear fender from the full kit (the front fender and headlight shroud are too ugly for me), ditched the stock headlight/shroud for a dual light set-up, UFO Supermoto front fender, modified UFO radiator shrouds, and OEM fork guards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That sounds really nice to me! I will look into that! Thank you very much! =)

Can you post some pictures of yours? :)

I thought about buying a neutral plastic gas tank... Any notes to that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
That sounds really nice to me! I will look into that! Thank you very much! =)

Can you post some pictures of yours? :)

I thought about buying a neutral plastic gas tank... Any notes to that?
PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you some photo's of mine (for some reason I cant get photo's to post to the forum).

I would consider a using a plastic tank only to increase riding range however - thats not a consideration for me. There are good ones being manufactured for the DRZ but be aware that plastic fuel tanks have their own issues such as discoloration/aging, fitment, graphics not sticking, difficult to paint, cooling fan and horn clearance, cracking, etc.

I use the stock steel tank. I have a spare steel tank that I can repaint if I want to go with a big color change. If I need extra range - I'll carry a couple of 1 liter aluminum fuel bottles in a back pack. Check over at Thumper Talk for the many threads on DRZ plastic fuel tanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok! nice to know. Many danish people tells me that a plastic tank is the way to go. I wont :) I think i will get an extra and get it paintet.

E-mail: [email protected]

It's always fun seeing other DRZ's :)

You never see any nice graphics in denmark... People are going with black plastics and standard graphics over here =(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts