SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its almost like there is a huge bubble of something that got caught in teh fuel lines... not literally, but thats what it feels like, there is a hesitation in the engine and then it hits hard, or as if it fell out of gear into the lower gear, anyone else ever had this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
you might need to adjust your ac pump. do you have a jd kit? the kit comes with an o-ring mod for your ac pump which will feed more fuel to the motor when you wack the throttle to get rid of the lean bog, which is what i think you're referring to.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its right when i hit the powerband, right before i get to it it like blips
sometimes it will drop down a gear and be rev'd back out (after i just upshifted)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Which bike? Year? Mods? You said it downshifts when this happens? Does it happen everytime or just once in a while? Recent work done to the bike? A bit more info will help to diagnosis it faster.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2005 KTM 450 SMR with full leo Vince pipe... the bike has too much shit, actually so much that i have no idea whats in it!! haha

i never really got on this bike before, but now that im getting a little more daring and leaning the bike into the turns a lil more, i have been ripping around more

·
Registered
448 Posts
Adjust the fuel screw out till problem goes away. If you get more than 3 turns out from full in you need to go up on the pilot jet.:thumbup: You have a dead lean off idle that is what causes the bog or miss you feel. This probably only happens when you snap the throttle open right?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, only when i snap it open really hard and fast

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks buddy, ill try that out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts