SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... got my CRF450 street licensed... got the SM wheels and tires... Looks like I need to get the wheels offset.. the chain hits the rear tire... and the front isn't centered...

Excel 16.5x4.25 with a 155 rear tire...
Excel 16.5x3.5 with 120 front... the front wheel is actually a YZF wheel matched up to fit...

Who in SoCal (Corona/OC) can offset the wheels for me?

Thanks,
Todd.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
best place would be a wheel specialty shop only because they have probably done it a thousand times and, unless training a complete new guy- will be able to do it quick and easy.

otherwise most competent repair shops can...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Do it yourself. Just loosen all the spokes half a turn on the side that needs to move over then tighten half a turn on the other side. If that's still not enough go another half turn.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i had my wheels built by kirk from factoryproracing.com/........they are perfect!!!!i have a 160 pilot power 2ct on a 5.0 rim!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do it yourself. Just loosen all the spokes half a turn on the side that needs to move over then tighten half a turn on the other side. If that's still not enough go another half turn.
sounds too easy... time consuming but easy...

any more detailed instructions?

if i need it to move to the brake side 5mm, i would losen the spokes that connect the sprocket side 1/2 turn.. then tighten the brake side spokes 1/2 turn?

sorry.. never messed with wheels before... makes me nervous.. :eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
sounds too easy... time consuming but easy...

any more detailed instructions?

if i need it to move to the brake side 5mm, i would losen the spokes that connect the sprocket side 1/2 turn.. then tighten the brake side spokes 1/2 turn?

sorry.. never messed with wheels before... makes me nervous.. :eek:
Yes you've got it. It really doesn't take that long either. Just mark the spoke that you started at with a piece of tape so you don't get confused. For 5mm you may need to go more than half a turn but try that first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts