SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of fitting some supermoto wheels to my CRF450X, Talon hubs, unknown powerdercoated-over rims covering any brand name, except they are from a KX/KXF. I am in need of some help fitting them.

I have got the rear fitted, sprocket lines up the same distance from the swinging arm as the enduro wheels, and the disc still fits in, even though they're about 3mm smaller hubs compared to stock which is good, so I have made up some spacers for the rear wheel and got that functioning properly.

Basically I'm not certain how to go about start fitting the front wheel. I've been advised by a good buddy of mine that you have to line the front wheel up perfectly between the forks then make up a spacer for the sprocket side fork. Is this correct? Also, how do the spacers fit along with the bearing tube on the front, do they just sit between the tube and the dust seal or do they have to sit against the bearing and up against the baring tube at the same time?

Also what goes the right-hand side of the front spindle, like I was told it doesn't matter too much, just something to ensure that no dirt can get into the bearings, is this correct?

My friend has been a massive help, but he isn't certain on the front as his wheel project was slightly different. So I just want some more certain help before I go do something wrong.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Terribly sorry, only just seen there was a sub-forum rulebook for this section. Sorry, how do I delete/move this to a more appropriate section of the forum?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.