SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im a noob when it comes to the supermoto scene ( coming off the dirt ) but Im going to look at a 2008 Drz SM today all I know about the bike is its suppose to be in excellent cond. w/ a full yosh exh. sys, vortex sprockets for better highway speeds and only 2700 mi.
The guy wants $4000 for it, is this a good price or should I try and get it for less.
From all my research that seems to be the going rate for these bikes ( Tampa, Fl )
any info whould be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's a decent price. I got an '06 on trade for my RC51, we both had them listed at $4500 on craigslist at the time. 5k miles on the DRZ, and he had spent some coin on the motor and go fast parts.
You can't touch a new one anymore for under 5k unless you go to one shop in Florida where they were like 4400 i think.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If it's in really good shape (it sounds like it is) that's not a bad price. It's not a super great deal, though. I mean, he's not giving it away. It sounds fair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks guys. I will see if he will budge on the price, but if not oh well
I JUST WANNA RIDE

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
seems a little high IMO but every state is different. i would try and talk him down a few bills. it has low miles which is the only thing so if he doesnt budge then it isnt too bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well its official! I got the bike, talked him down to $3500. Thanks for everyones input
I think I made a pretty good deal.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good show! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts