SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I heard upto 1 month delay (from Last Week), they are waiting on the carbon fibre exhaust tip. I bother them weekly. It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I talk to Taige once a week also, I guess they are running a production run now on the tips. Im waiting also. The owner Chuck Graves owns a WR250X and has it on the dyno as much as the race bikes. It will be worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
My FMF stuff is sitting on my porch right now. (Web cam with motion sensing rocks) Hoping the thunderstorms die down a bit so can get it all installed! Backordered the FI Programmer but this should be interesting anyway!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The FMF pipe and header went on nicely. Instructions are very straight forward and understandable. Have to say that the Powercore is definately borderline for street use. But then one of my motivations for the pipe is to be at least as obnoxious as the Harley riders! :bike:

Rowdy, how is the sound level on the Graves muffler? This one is really "sharp" at anything but idle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
news from Graves

I Just got this reply from Graves on asking them about a full exhaust system- "We have finally completed the full system for this bike along with, fuel and ign maps for the power commander and module. We also have the smog block off kit and soon an air box mod kit. We have taken a ton of time developing and tuning this exhaust. We were really strict about gaining power and not just releasing an exhaust that looked and sounded good. What not necessarily easy but it now meets our standards of performance. We are using the same ADSD design that was developed for our 2009 Super Moto race bike. It is really incredible. The silencer will also be a New style for 2009 with full carbon and it looks excellent. I will keep you informed over the course of the next week or so and we should be releasing it any day." -I really want to see this(dyno charts & pics).

·
Registered
884 Posts
I Just got this reply from Graves on asking them about a full exhaust system- "We have finally completed the full system for this bike along with, fuel and ign maps for the power commander and module. We also have the smog block off kit and soon an air box mod kit. We have taken a ton of time developing and tuning this exhaust. We were really strict about gaining power and not just releasing an exhaust that looked and sounded good. What not necessarily easy but it now meets our standards of performance. We are using the same ADSD design that was developed for our 2009 Super Moto race bike. It is really incredible. The silencer will also be a New style for 2009 with full carbon and it looks excellent. I will keep you informed over the course of the next week or so and we should be releasing it any day." -I really want to see this(dyno charts & pics).
Sounds eerily similar to the one i got about 3 weeks ago:

believe the press release will be given to me tomorrow. They are now in full production and are a complete redesign from our early 2008 race bike exhaust. They are incredible. They make more power then last year but we have lowered the DBlevel to meet to strict AMA rules. You should see them on the website by tomorrow and either way i will keep you informed by email. Thanks, taige

I really wanna see it as well. I hope its not as large of a can as Rowdy has on his and is one the smaller side like the FMF and Delta.

·
Registered
56 Posts
this just in

email from Graves- "Yes we just released them on Friday to dealer and today to the retail public. I have plenty in stock and the detailed info will be on the website by the end of the week. I have attached a of the new exhaust. It uses the same ADSD design that we are using on the 2009 Super moto race bikes. It is incredible. We also have mapped power commanders, ignition modules and smog block off ready to go. See pic attached. thanks, taige"

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Gotta say, I think its one of the better looking exhausts for the WRX so far! Congrats to the guys at Graves!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts