SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this bike for sale online last year. I loved the flow of the bodywork and saved this pic.

Can anyone tell what year or where this bodywork kit came from or can be found? All the new ATK Cannondales have the ugly, angular plastic which I despise and would keep me from ever owning one. If I could get his plastic I'd be sold.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
There are a couple of different versions of the early CDale's..... I am learning daily from Canniboomer on what/where/why and this seems to be a much plagued platform right from the start. There are upgrades that were worked out and many owers now claim to love their bikes since the bugs and EFI have been sorted. Getting one on Monday to do a bit of tinkering on to get a baseline of how much the bike is gonna need to fix............. might not really be $ feasible but we shall see once it arrives.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had one of the latter model of Cannondales, rebranded and updated by ATK. It was the coolest but also the biggest pile of crap I ever owned, all at the same time unfortunately.
It was plagued with bad design problems from the start: super tiny airbox, super short header pipe which led to no midrange. You had to drop the motor out of the frame to adjust the valves. It had a super high idle speed necessary to keep the automatic compression release (which aided in starting) from engaging and killing the engine...etc....I do love the looks of them though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it is now an ATK the computer has been reprogrammed by them. I would get a new computer and us the original cannondale mapping. They are cheap on ebay. Go to www.cannondaleriders.com for help and assistance. All my bikes are updated (by me) and have giving me no problems for years. They are dual sports and motards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts