SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for a supermoto. I was looking for a husky 510 or 450 but I can't find one and I honestly don't want to service the bike every 500 miles. The bike i'm looking at right now is 2006 DRZ400SM with 10,000 miles on it. The bike is totally stock, 1 owner, both keys and is supposed to be PERFECT (so he says). The owner has agreed to sell it for no less than $3,000....

What are your guys thoughts on this. I was thinking this was high but maybe i'm wrong :headscrat

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked up a 2006 drz with 12.5k for $2300, but I got some good and some bad along with it: It has the FCR 39mm carb, full Yoshimura exhaust, K&N air filter, and 3 missing spokes from the rear wheel (he is sending me the spoke kit and an oil filter w/oil soon as he gets them in). I will probably have to do chain/sprockets/brakes soonish.

For a totally stock bike with 10k I think $3000 is a little high.

·
Registered
316 Posts
list price is £2200 on a K7 SM with 10,000 miles.

whatever that is in dollars. :)

personally, i wouldn't buy a DRZ with 10,000 miles on it because it'll be a ball ache to shift once you've added your fair share onto it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just picked up a 2006 drz with 12.5k for $2300, but I got some good and some bad along with it: It has the FCR 39mm carb, full Yoshimura exhaust, K&N air filter, and 3 missing spokes from the rear wheel (he is sending me the spoke kit and an oil filter w/oil soon as he gets them in). I will probably have to do chain/sprockets/brakes soonish.

That is a RIDICULOUSLY good deal. Congrats.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That IS one smokin deal :clap:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I only paid $500 more for mine and it's an 07. It only had 1,350 miles on it when I bought it and it has a 455 kit, FCR carb, stage 2 hot cams, had a full FMF exhaust, ss brake lines, LED tail-light, other things I can't recall and ALL the stock parts.

I think 3k for a stock bike with 10k miles is a bit high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You guys are getting insanely good deals. I have seen two moderately modded but "super clean" looking 08 DRZ400sm for sale in the Chicago area, with 3500-9000 miles, over the last month and both were asking $4100-4200. The motorcycle consumer news used bike pricing guide says an '08 is worth $4100.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I only paid $500 more for mine and it's an 07. It only had 1,350 miles on it when I bought it and it has a 455 kit, FCR carb, stage 2 hot cams, had a full FMF exhaust, ss brake lines, LED tail-light, other things I can't recall and ALL the stock parts.

I think 3k for a stock bike with 10k miles is a bit high.
Must have been stolen or something.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In the nor cal area i was looking for a week n only seen 3 for sale on craigslist..
i ended up buying an 06 DRz SM for $3500..6500 miles, good tires, new chain, sprockets, handlebars, bark busters with led turn signals in them, blacked out low profile rear blinkers and brake lights, its really clean, i feel i got a good deal.!

·
Registered
63 Posts
All these comments are obviously opinion, and so is mine, so here goes. I got my stock 09 drzsm with 2200 on it for 47 out the door 4 months ago taxes license fees etc. I bought it for that because it was bone stock, had been garaged cause it was a military owner and it was a dealership bike, which means they wouldn't have bought it if it wasnt spanking clean. that being said, it's all about what the bikes worth to ya cause my roommate bought a bike for a "killer deal" and had all kinds of mods and such and his motor blew up in 2 weeks, so unless you have x ray vision and can see how the internals are looking, a stock bike is the way to go, cause I know I'll be selling my dizzer to someone who doesn't know better down the road and will make most of my money back

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I got mine 2 years ago with 3k on it its an 06 for 3600 i now have 52k on it and its still running strong. 3k is a fair deal imo

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i sold my 06 drz400sm a few months ago with no mods but a full fmf system and some cosmetics for $3700. it had also just hit 13k miles.
i feel like i did pretty well. but if you dont buy that bike for $3000 someone else will.
IMO
52,000? What have you had to replace other than normal wear items?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pay the dude a visit with 2800 in twenties, he won't turn it down, something about twenties gets people, lots of bills but not white trash like singles

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I got mine 2 years ago with 3k on it its an 06 for 3600 i now have 52k on it and its still running strong. 3k is a fair deal imo
Avg of 68 miles/day if my calculations are correct. You, sir, deserve congratulations. What is your daily commute? So much for "uncomfortable bikes."

·
Registered
445 Posts
Must have been stolen or something.
No chance. It was a Navy guy who was moving and didn't want to haul the bike back across the country. The boxes with all the spare parts (and even new unistalled parts) came in were all labeled from the dealer with the PO's name and they dated from 2007 to present. The same name was on the title he mailed me after he paid off the loan for the bike that he still owed. The release date on the title was the day after our transaction occurred.

Bought it off ebay. The VIN in the auction and the VIN on the bike match. The guy had a good seller rating and the VIN never red flagged anywhere when I got a plate for it.

He just wanted rid of it. I was happy to oblige. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts