SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you do ....

ok .. i bought an 02 crf 450 a while back that has a street legal title. when i bought it the guy told me he just had the engine rebuilt and with about 5 hours on it something came loose inside the engine and got stuck between the primary gear and kick gear. that busted the case where the kick shaft comes out. i have the parts to fix the 450 BUT... i also have access to a cr 500 engine. i originally bought the bike to do the 500 conversion and street it. i know all about the work involved in doing the swap and am not worried about that at all. now .. im thinking i may try this super motard thing out. start out in the sportsman class and see if i like then go all out with 17's bigger breaks etc .... sooo ... with all of that said, what would u do... fix the 450 engine and run that ... or go cr 500 ??? and why ?? thanks guys,scott

oh ... and yes i know the power and hit of a cr 500. i have ridden plenty of the big jug bikes.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
500! Why? Because!:arsenal

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I would think the 450 would be a faster unit running supermtoto, but a 500 could make the hair on your neck stand up with 17's and slicks!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess i should have included that in my original post ..... i was wondering what class a 500 would run in. im going to try out the sportsman class 1st and see how it goes .... thanks guys, scott

·
Registered
921 Posts
CR500 FTMFW..... you wont regret it. im on a steelie plated 500 and no regrets

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
A 500 twostroke on the street! Thats Insane (My Next project actually)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts