SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta change the tires. Do I have to use one of these stands that go in the middle of the bike, underneath? Or can I use my sportbike stands that go under the fork in the front and use spools in the back?
Options?

·
Registered
310 Posts
just get a dirt bike stand. the SMC is light enough to just throw on it. thats what im using. it leans a little to the right from the kick stand but is still stable, it will work even better once i put on the skid plate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the KTM Supermoto stand, Part #59229055000 and it works good. I can't seem to get both the wheels off the ground at the same time though. It's either one or the other depending on where exactly the stand is under the engine.

The engine has some flat "ribs" that sit perfectly on the stand. I'm not sure how well this stand will work for ya, but for general cleaning of the bike, especially when just rotating the wheels around, it works great for me!

JOHN

·
Registered
569 Posts
i use my stand from my GSXR1000, its fully adjustable, so can lift up the rear using the rear stand on the spools and front on the forks

·
Registered
728 Posts
i don't see a reason not to use your existing stands. as long as they lift the bike and keep it stable then go for it. i'm lucky enough where i can change my tires and stuff at work so i don't really need a set of stands at home.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I don't have the spools anymore, they got sold with the bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts