SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what size (screw size) the 08 Duke uses for track stand spools? I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks - K

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
either you're full of crap or they sent me the wrong bolts (thread pitch).:rant:
None of the ebay spools have the right pitch. Japanese bikes use a 1.25 pitch. I bought the ones I liked and then went to the local hardware store. It will cost about $2 more than the entry price:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
either you're full of crap or they sent me the wrong bolts (thread pitch).:rant:
OMG! now I'm confused.:eek:

My wife has a '07 650 Ninja with R&G spools. When I first got my 690 SMR, I took the spools from her bike a fitted them to the KTM. (now that I think about it they were a bit tight, but they did screw in all the way, without too much difficulty).

I removed a spool from the KTM this morning and the threads in the swing-arm still look OK.

Now I'm not sure what's going on, ... I must have been cutting a new thread pitch with the steel bolt in the soft aluminium!

I am very sorry for posting wrong information.

Is there a way that I can remove my post #6? Mods?? I don't want others to be going down the wrong track!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
wtf is a "pitch"??
I asked in home depot and got an answer that in 20 years of working in hardware stores the guy didn't hear of a screw/bolt pitch

·
Registered
599 Posts
pitch is the threads per inch (or whatever unit of measurement they use)

·
Registered
18 Posts
pitch is the threads per inch (or whatever unit of measurement they use)
With metric fastners I believe pitch is the distance between threads, ie 1.5 pitch means each thread consumes 1.5 mm of length. - someone correct me if I am wrong.

An M10 fastener with a pitch of 1.5mm is considered a course thread and there are 2 different fine pitches,1.25mm & 1mm see chart in link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread

So I must have threaded a 1.25 mm pitch bolt into a hole that was threaded @ 1.5mm pitch. The soft aluminium allowed me to do that with relative ease, and the threads don't even appear to be damaged!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts