SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have been rocking my sneakers for the past few months and want to get into something that I can wear for riding (streetbikes and supermoto bikes) and wear to work.

what do you guys use?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sidi streetburner boots
alpinestars one-o-one shoes
Puma Flat 2

some i saw that look pretty good, anyone use any of those?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Good quility high lace security boots for short store hops, anything else my RR boots or MX boots.

Every accident I've seen where the person wore tennis shoes, they were off & the feet where a bloody pulp

It will alway's be true riding:bike:-

DRESS FOR THE CRASH, NOT THE RIDE !:thumbup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same here, everytime theres a crash you see the shoes like 20ft away!!
Thats why im looking for something better. I usually ride with my Tim's workboots. but evern those are sketchy sometimes. I am afraid that chain is going to give way and end up going through the back of my ankle!! :headshake

·
Registered
335 Posts
Light weight high top leather hiking boots. I'd been off motorcycles for so long (until last month) that my Alpinestar road racing boots have disappeared into the void :hmmm:
Eyeing Sidi* Vertigo Megas to fit my mutant wide feet. But at $375, after new bike, new helmet, new jacket...I'll stick with the Vasques for the next week or two :D

*I've worn Sidi mtb and road shoes for many years, best out there IMHO. If you've got wide feet, the Megas are the only decent choice.

R&F

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thor 50/50. Strong, durable, light, comfortable. What else? Oh, yeah. They saved my foot when I low-sided.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want something a little lower, like a shoe, not really a boot...

has anyone tried the streetburners?

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I wear my hiking boots or my timberland leather boots. Main thing is something over the ankle cause tis much more likely to stay on your foot. i got the Tims for like 26 bucks at Bob's on sale was a great deal. with the CR500 much easier to start with a real sole in them...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Adidas running shoes = spring/summer commuting
Reef skate shoes = winter/fall commuting
Axo Slammer = hitting twisties w/ friends, fall/winter for light commuting especially when it's cold.:thumbup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wear my old RR Sidi Vertabrae circa 2002. They are a bit torn up from riding, but still holding together. They have saved my feet/ankles from multiple get offs at Willow Springs. And they are easy to get in/out off. Velcro and a zipper. They are like the old people shoes with the velcro flaps, that easy :D . Also they fit under jeans.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I too have the Thor 50/50 and have no complaints. Fit well, super comfortable, well crafted. I am also looking at picking up some Gaerne Supermoto Boots this spring. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I saw some random guy crash while taking his friends brand new 125cc 2 smoke dirt bike out for a spin. He was a contractor so he had work boots on, he slid on the ground and jammed his foot into a curb that he was sliding towards and his leg bone ended up coming through the sole of his boot...I wear my SIDI Crossfire SRS's ever time i ride, more than to to store, since that day. Bring a backpack with a pair of shoes in it for when you get to work. It is not worth busting your leg ankle or feet up over it. Then you wont even have a good foot to kick yourself with when you realized we were all right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Riding boots, back pack with Salvatore Ferragamo shoes inside, change into said work shoes at work, change back to riding boot for the ride home, problem solved:D

Personally I have these and yes they crash well:lol:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I run superduty 2's for commuting, pumas for stunting (I need a lot more modulation and control in my foot), And my MX tech 8's we are running hard somewhere.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts