SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought A 2005 drz400sm and want to freshen it up with an oil change and was wondering what oil should I run :headscrat ? Thanks for any info :thumbup:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just bought A 2005 drz400sm and want to freshen it up with an oil change and was wondering what oil should I run :headscrat ? Thanks for any info :thumbup:
I use rotella t 15-40 in all my bikes. Have for a long time with no ill effects. It's cheap too @ $12 a gallon

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh god, here we go.

I recommend the oily slippery kind of oil.

But I run Amsoil in everything I own.

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Baby oil :clap: Isn't that what couples need to ride hard?
225 likes the his & hers. Guess which one he uses (easy guess being he's riding rolling pumpkin poo)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Amsoil 10w40 works great. Drzs aren't real picky cuz they aren't "hot" motors power wise. I got over 300 hours clocked on a 2006 husky 510 and amsoil is all I use ever...whatever you buy make sure it is NOT saying energy conservation or conserves resources on the back, as these lack some important additives for our style motors. I even mix amsoil 2 stroke oil @ 150:1 in my husky every other fill up for the rings. Maybe I'm nuts but 300 hours is a lot and the internals of my motor look great

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Rotella T. Diesel oil. Used it in 5 different bikes now. Cheap as hell, I change my oil every couple hundred miles and wont break the bank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts