·
Registered
7,786 Posts
also have this to choose from
seems like i heard bad things about the husky reliability though
08 husky 450
check out the link to the ad

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/3558974201.html
Hey that's Bobby's bike lol. The San Antonio guys can fill you in on him lmao. He was the biggest badass that nobody had ever seen up until he got banned from here.

It's been for sale for about a year or so...

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
damn so dont buy it lol? not really looking at it but i could prob get it for 4k
Make sure it still has the beanie baby still zip tied to it for novelty reasons. I'm sure you'll get some shit from the guys if you show up on that bike lol.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Where is the XR650R on that chart?! It needs another arrow coming off the "power or reliability" box that says "Both"! :clap:

·
Registered
21 Posts
All the talk about the KTM 690 SMC: what does it stand for? I'm guessing supermoto conversion? I can only find the 690 Enduro R on their site; have they stopped making them?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I get asked the what bike should I get question a lot, so I whipped this out based on readily available bikes in the us.

I've LOVED this!

It lead me straight to what I want and it proves I'm making the right decision. Now if I could just find a 690 SMC-R in the country!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yes ktm 690smc is moto version of 690 enduro. In EU is ktm 690smc-r about 65hv/60Nm....
I have now Husqvarna sm510r 2010+530cc+pcv+better/softer seat and in box i have exhaust system. That is good street use, but in city of little citys, but longer commute ride, its is like too race.
I'm upsets when I did not not have test Aprilia sxv, that is maybe my next moto....That sound aaaah:D
Then i must test that Ktm 690smc-r 2013-2013

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I get asked the what bike should I get question a lot, so I whipped this out based on readily available bikes in the us.

People should be forced to read this with a test after before they can join this forum.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I've LOVED this!

It lead me straight to what I want and it proves I'm making the right decision. Now if I could just find a 690 SMC-R in the country!!!!!!!
awesome! Glad I could help.

I know there's bikes missing (tm, vertemati, brp, sxv on street side). I just kinda whipped it out and it took a life of it's own :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You need another arrow under the street side where you have "power or reliability" with "both" and Honda XR650R! :D
Looking to get back into a supermoto. I have to admit, this flowchart is what I was looking for. :)

I'm not getting another DRZ400SM and suspected I should look into a Husky. Yep. This flowchart really should be mandatory to read.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Looking to get back into a supermoto. I have to admit, this flowchart is what I was looking for. :)

I'm not getting another DRZ400SM and suspected I should look into a Husky. Yep. This flowchart really should be mandatory to read.
Happy to help! That chart has saved me soooo much time. I get daily emails asking for sm advice, and I just paste em the link. :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The one question that I really have is top speed. Is there a supermoto that can actually cruise at a minimum interstate speed? I didn't like cruising over about 55-60 tops on the DRZ. I'm just looking for something with a little more ompf on the top end to get it into that highway cruising territory without completely giving up the soul of a dirtbike. From my limited searching, seems like some flavor of KTM 690 might be better.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Are the WR's 5 speeds? Is there a more desired year range? And how much lower are you talking on the sprocket?
They're 5 speed and the gearing between the different generations are relatively similar. 15/40 gearing works best for highway commuting and still allows for great usable low end power.

641 - 660 of 671 Posts