SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol:

either your all students or retired old farts otherwise how do you spend so much time on SMJ and still do your job?

My case, I'm work in architecture, and I also happen to be the IT guy at my work because our company if fairly small, so that helps too. Also thanks to the invention the the dual core processor, now I can be surfing SMJ while I wait for drawings to render.

What do you do that alows you to be surfing the net when your really supposed to be working?

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
As a job function I am on the computer alot....or on the phone...I'll be doing admin work on this site as well talking on the phone....I leave SMJ on alot of the time and do my day job as well, bouncing back and forth....If the call requires alot of attention I will drop SMJ for awhile and come back......If SMJ is going to take away from some important stuff then I will logoff till the end of the day....Obviously when I do seatrials and or on the water training I'm off the site....I get home at 6 pm and generally get on SMJ's for a couple hours a night.....weekends I'm usually on a track of some sort and check the site in the evenings...Yes I'm hardcore and yes this site is hugely important to me....oops gotta go...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Software developer...well, that's what I was hired as at least...gg job creep...95% of what I do now is site administration and tech support (kill me now...please?) I'd probably be willing to hospitalize some people to get to code again on the job. So, I hop on here, most of the time just trolling at work, get distracted too often to remember what I was replying to. Most of the day I'm SSH'ed into my home server talking on AIM through a console aim client =] Cause well a lot of my friends are still at college. And we don't have the staff here to catch any of that. But I gotta feed the addiction too so here I am.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Software developer and I got plenty time for surfing. I use GAIM chat client to chat with my friends, as it has a plugin for encryption.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Medical Rep, sales, tech, marketing person. My territory is North and

South Carolina, plus a tidge of Tennessee. My office is 3 feet from my

bedroom. I drive 800 to 1500 miles a week, but if I'm not on the road, I'm

in my "office", so I can make calls and surf.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
2 study hall's during the day so i can even search SMJ at school, proble not good for my accademic future, but i learn a shit load from reading and talking with you guys:thumbup:

This site and this sport are really addicting:bike:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm a student at the University of Utah but I surf SMJ, like right now, during work too. I'm a security guard at a Marriott hotel working graveyards and going to school during the day. This place pretty much keeps me alive.

AzizaVFR: Nice office!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Jesus randal!!!

well i dont have a job, and i am a student so yeah, plus its been rainy so im not out riding as much and untill i get my tax return i cand afford gas either so... yehaw.

where all the white women at? :laughingr

·
Registered
442 Posts
You would be surprised just how fast you can eat up both 20" monitors, and the 24" widescreen trying to resolve a computer problem escalation. Usually there are no less than 10 terminal screens up at one time. Being an uber unix geek is not easy. They pay me the small bucks to fix the big problems.

The scissors to the right are for cutting people off with the stupid questions. If you really want to know how to be condescending, bother a unix admin.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Aziza your office space is awesome!:laughingr, I have my own business and it puts me on the computer alot, which leads to SMJ, which leads to me not getting everything done today, there's always tomorrow!

·
Registered
442 Posts

Ummmm, yeah. Randal, yeah, I am going to need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow to finish building and deploying the eight systems I did not feel like completing myself, so now it is your responsibility to make me look good, okay? Yeah.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts