SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the mod for the 690 I keep reading about? I've heard it mentioned on a bunch of posts about some 2-3 gear wire mod, but don't know anything about it. What's the proceedure? What does it do?

·
Registered
221 Posts
you disconnect the two not-green (green is the neutral indicator circuit) wires coming from the gear position sensor (name?). This prevents the bike's ECU from limiting the max throttle opening in second and third gear.

first post on this page explains the process in pretty good detail;

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/supermoto/9429-690-wheelies-remapping-2.html

·
Registered
221 Posts
I did it and many other things before I ever rode my bike, otherwise they would have had to wait for winter.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Someone here said if you have the akra map, this mod is not needed, as it is bypasses the shift restrictions that you are disabling

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Someone here said if you have the akra map, this mod is not needed, as it is bypasses the shift restrictions that you are disabling
Not sure about that.... but I have the akra map and I did it anyway.... doesn't hurt anything and it was all of a 15 min job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure about that.... but I have the akra map and I did it anyway.... doesn't hurt anything and it was all of a 15 min job. :thumbup:
did you notice it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts