SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop has a pretty nice slightly used 99' ATK 490 street legal that has been on the floor for years. NADA and KBB says it is worth a bout $1800 to $2500 trade in to average retail.

I don't know much about these bikes, so I am looking for advice on what to offer them.

They actually have two. One in dirt trim the other in sm trim with 17's.

What kind of performance do they have? I am used to four stroke mx bikes, will I be sadly disappointed in the power?

Thanks in advance

Paul G

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds pretty cheap for a almost 500cc supermoto street legal .. I would buy!!! Take the money and ask for a test ride.. Then decide.!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that they are asking $3500. Which is way over the book value. Is it still worth the money? It would be hard to justify trading my 05' YZ450 in on it and having to give them money to boot. Decisions, decisions.

Paul G

·
Registered
205 Posts
don't give em that much money. simply not worth it. atks are rad... but not worth that much money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atk 490

I think I know the bike you're talking about. It's in Nevada IA... right? That bike isn't worth 3500. It didn't even run when i looked at it. And as far as trading your newer 450, i wouldn't even consider it. Just a heads up, but you can do whatever. That's only my opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Defiantly too much money. I have about $3200 into mine and it has both dirt/street wheel sets, a fresh suspension rebuild/revalve, and a rebuilt carb. Do some research on the carb issues on these bikes. If you don't do the work yourself, you're probably looking at a couple of hundred out of the gate to get it running correctly.

I might go $2800 if they were in exceptionally clean condition and were running well when you picked it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts