SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i need a new clamp but what kind of clamp and what size?

also what else is needed to do this???

·
Registered
3 Posts
FMF Power Bomb Header W/ 2 Bros Slip On

I installed an FMF Powerbomb header with a Two Brothers Slip on. As you are aware the FMF is much larger diameter than the stock header. I took my pieces down to the local Midas shop and explained to the guy what I was doing. He took the FMF header and opened it up just a touch and made it friction fit over the top of the Two Brothers end. When asked what I owed him he said not a thing. It took him less than 30 seconds. WOW something for free. :Funny: When I fit them on the bike I had to saw off about 1/4" on the header side. It mates together just perfect and I then used the Two Brothers connection band it looks like they were made for each other. I took the FMF header and used some flitz and a buffing wheel before mounting and polished it some so it didn't look like the plain welded stainless mx pipe. This was the trick. And FYI before you even start it up make sure you have throughly cleaned the pipes with (I used rubbing alcohol) because you will burn in any finger prints or oil spots permanently into the metal if you don't. Once the pipes have been used they both turned that beautiful gold chrome look just like it was a full exhaust system. I am not a Yosh fan and I could not be happier with the look (which is first class if you have seen a Two Brothers) sound and performance. I talked the the Two Brothers CSR and told him what I did and he was impressed. He said they haven't tried that and was going to let his people know it worked awesome for this set up since they didn't offer a full system set up for the DRZ SM.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i did the exact same thing in the spring and it works awesome! ...the midas guy here charged me $10 though ahaha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please let me see the picture of your set up. I've consider this in before but finally quit due to too many worries. I need to have a international freightage for the exhaust and header.
Thanks

I installed an FMF Powerbomb header with a Two Brothers Slip on. As you are aware the FMF is much larger diameter than the stock header. I took my pieces down to the local Midas shop and explained to the guy what I was doing. He took the FMF header and opened it up just a touch and made it friction fit over the top of the Two Brothers end. When asked what I owed him he said not a thing. It took him less than 30 seconds. WOW something for free. :Funny: When I fit them on the bike I had to saw off about 1/4" on the header side. It mates together just perfect and I then used the Two Brothers connection band it looks like they were made for each other. I took the FMF header and used some flitz and a buffing wheel before mounting and polished it some so it didn't look like the plain welded stainless mx pipe. This was the trick. And FYI before you even start it up make sure you have throughly cleaned the pipes with (I used rubbing alcohol) because you will burn in any finger prints or oil spots permanently into the metal if you don't. Once the pipes have been used they both turned that beautiful gold chrome look just like it was a full exhaust system. I am not a Yosh fan and I could not be happier with the look (which is first class if you have seen a Two Brothers) sound and performance. I talked the the Two Brothers CSR and told him what I did and he was impressed. He said they haven't tried that and was going to let his people know it worked awesome for this set up since they didn't offer a full system set up for the DRZ SM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts