SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Could be fun! I'd have to see it up close to see if it was worth the cash or just some cobbled together Frankenbike tho.......

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Kinda frankenbike, but @ that price, don't sound bad at all. Motors are pretty bulletproof and good streetworthy bikes if you can plate it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the same bike but 96'

you will need to do an aftermarket manual cam chain tensioner, also ensure the timing is correct. Put the fork guards back on as the moment a rock ships the tube your screwed, or put socks on it.

I fully wired mine from stock (simple headlight and tail light wires) to fully wired horn/signals.led brakelight license plate light, headlight high low. if you run led everything you will be able to run 55w headlight but either high or low at a time. I am going with the speigler urban headlight with city light.

pm me if you get the bike and have questions.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I hear those are pretty fast but have heard ther KLX650 had a few reliability problems like overheating on hot days, and the whole cam chain adjuster issue. But any bike save for one or two will have issues. I say see if it CAN be plated and if so, buy it for 1500 or even lower depending on the seller.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
the dual front brake is worth the price in trick factor.
i was thinking that wonder how they did that... maybe change the fork bottom. nice bike for the price just a question of platability where you live.... id get it in a heartbeat but i live in AR so i can damn near plate anything.

z

1 - 9 of 9 Posts