SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it the bike, the tires/wheels or how/where it's ridden? :headscrat

What I really wanna know is if a street-legal CRF-450R that's ridden on the street with various other hooligan type activities thrown in counts even if it's still shod with knobbies (admittedly well worn ones)? :anim_peep:

I just don't want to be left out until I can get the "proper" wheels/tires for my future-tard!:thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
well in essence a supermotard is a dirtbike with street tires...rims...upgraded brakes and suspesion. if u dont have those things it aint a motard. but shit man. just throw some light on your bike call it an enduro n have fun

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i define it as a dirtbike for the street. or asphalt/dirt racing. i think for sure it needs 16.5 or 17" wheels with street tires and big brakes to qualify. if it has "dirt" tires, its a "dirtbike".

thats just in my book though:anim_peep:

·
Registered
138 Posts
who cares? ride it!

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that pretty much sums it up. :clap: I guess I'll have to sit on the porch a little longer till I can get those 17" street wheels & tires and some bigger brakes.:bowdown: Hell yeah I'm gonna keep riding till then I just can't participate in the riding game you all got going which looks to be too much fun!

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Well that pretty much sums it up. :clap: I guess I'll have to sit on the porch a little longer till I can get those 17" street wheels & tires and some bigger brakes.:bowdown: Hell yeah I'm gonna keep riding till then I just can't participate in the riding game you all got going which looks to be too much fun!
Meh, as bookie said, just enjoy riding the thing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm pretty sure you should be able to play the Riding game. I have seen some Big ass BMW 1200's in there. and in my book, a Dual-sport is more of a Supermoto than that. same bike, just different tires. just ride the shit out of it, but don't break it so you can buy those 17's

·
Registered
138 Posts
i had 17's on my crfx for a while but i like trail hopping too much to keep em on so it pretty much stays in dirt trim these days. however i still ride the hell out of it on the street with a couple sumo buddies when i get the chance. i don't want to get into the whole rider skill versus bike ability vs blah blah, but lets just say i never get left behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts