SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a 630 and I will be pulling the trigger shortly. It is white and I thought I wanted the white till I saw it and was not that impressed. I asked them if they can order one that is primarily black or primarily red. They said they would rather sell me the one they have and order whatever color bodywork I like. So my question is what color?

I am leaning toward the one that is primarily red on the tank.

What do you think?

·
Registered
435 Posts
pics would help us decide

·
Registered
67 Posts
The white was too white for me too. So got black/red, but there were still too many white bits. Have now got the Husky `special parts´ carbon bits on and carbon fork protectors etc. Still don´t particularly like the white mudguards and side panels (and they show up dirt and scratches). Maybe someone´ll come up with after market plastic kits some day?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE the white, I agree about it looking scratched...the one on the floor of my local dealer showed all kinds of scratches/marks...I asked the guy is this used and he said it was from people getting on and off it over the last 9 months in the showroom.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I have seen all three colors in person. I personally like the white the best. Second color choice would be the black rad shrouds. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the feedback, I am having trouble even knowing what bodywork is available..my dealer says he has bodywork stickers to change over to the black/red but I thought the bodywork was supposed to have this IPD in mold designs that eliminate the use of stickers? I am also confused on the SM630, SMR630 and SMS630 designations. They are all the same right?

Any feedback on what your 630 bodywork looks likes would be appreciated, are they graphic stickers or baked into the plastic?

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
The main parts are fabricated with the colours. Some minor parts have stickers (i.e. the 630 is stuck on). The parts you can change are mainly carbon replacement parts. But you´re stuck with the white front and rear mudguards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool...I cant't imagine how the dealer is going to turn a white one into a black one with some stickers so I made some calls and found a black about 200 miles away....hopefully I will be picking it up this next weekend.

thanks for the feedback

1 - 13 of 13 Posts