SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove my chain guide because my wide wheel was hitting it. Does anyone on here have a solution? This is on my 250 sxf with a 5" wheel and the 170/55/17. I cant get the stock guide on there since the back bolt hits my dang wheel?!?

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I have never looked at a 07+ SXF swingarm, but here is what I do with the 03-06 ones.

Take off the aluminum cage, throw it in the box of parts I will never use again.
Mill off about 1/4" off of the back side of the area where the bolts go through.
Install guide with the bolt heads on this inside of the swingarm, with the nuts on the outside, shorten bolts if you want to...

And there ya have it. No hitting... at least on the older swingarms? I also have a brake caliper bracket mod that makes installing the rear wheel a breeze, but I have never posted it. Some might freak out. :lol: Got plenty of hours (200ish combined) on 3 modified ones with no failing or bending though, so it must be pretty OK! Oh, also forgot to mention... I cut the inner tab off of the swingarm for the chain slider mount to do all this!

Hope this helps and they aren't completely different! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts