SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what boots do you guys prefer for S/M, m/x or a road race boot ? ive been wearing my m/x boots but have been seeing alot of guys wearing the roadrace boots lately. it seems like the new roadrace boots have plenty of protection but are way lighter than m/x boots thanks,scott

·
Registered
50 Posts
For sm I have SIDI. For mx I have Alpinestars.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i had sidi corsa when i had my crf450x but not since it has been transformed to a cr500sm i now have sidi crossfires. (in the mail). i hate mx boots but i will have to get use to them. 1 for kicking the thing over and 2 having a broken ankle suck i hear. i can deal with alot of pain and broken shit but a leg is not one im willing to chance

·
Banned
531 Posts
I can kick any bike over with my Reef sandals...and have been known to start them with my right hand. :thumbup:

alohar1, don't be a pussy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
my oxtar sm boots just showed up this week. and I'm having a hard time finding the time to break them in, so they will have to wait until next week. gah!

·
Registered
50 Posts
winter - do they have the replaceable sliders? I almost bought oxstar but that mod was discontinued.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes they do.
Although I probably should have thought ahead and picked some up at the same time as the boots. oh well.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I can kick any bike over with my Reef sandals...and have been known to start them with my right hand. :thumbup:

alohar1, don't be a pussy.
me too....

i can kick your bike over on its side, and then i go start mine with my right hand (hitting the starter button) as i run away.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have the Sidi Mini Force boots... the small version of the Sidi Force line. They're supposed to be comfortable and flex more than most MX boots. They're replacing my cheapo ones that I was wearing in May when I broke my ankle. :/

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I just got my Thor 50-50's in today, as I wanted a more casual boot for when I'm just riding around town. These things are friggin sweet! They look cool, super quick to put on/take off, and are quite comfy (to the point that I'd be willing to wear them as an every day shoe).

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here ya go missy!

And compared to my Alpinestar Vectors:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wow - those are cool looking! I wonder if they make them in kids (womens) sizes...

Thanks for the pix!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
They don't :headshake The smallest size they come in is size 6, which would be what...a 7.5 or 8 in womens size? (womens shoes are a size and a half or 2 sizes bigger, correct?) However they aren't quite true to size, I wear a 9.5 in most shoes, and all my riding boots are size 9, so I got the 5050's in a 9. They feel a little big, more like a 9.5 or maybe even a 10.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
They don't :headshake The smallest size they come in is size 6, which would be what...a 7.5 or 8 in womens size? (womens shoes are a size and a half or 2 sizes bigger, correct?) However they aren't quite true to size, I wear a 9.5 in most shoes, and all my riding boots are size 9, so I got the 5050's in a 9. They feel a little big, more like a 9.5 or maybe even a 10.
That might work for me... I am a 7.5 or so womens so it might just fit.

Thanks!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts