SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, the weather was fantastic for those of you who still think the weather man knows better!

Second, the track was an ear-to-ear grin. Nothing like Miller which is a good thing if you want some variety.

Check out this link and scroll down to see a picture of the track to better follow this description.

The right side of the track had some challenging braking points to figure out, a great back-it-in left hander (end of the straighaway at the top). The decreasing radius right-hand turn before you enter the center rectangular part of the track was tricky to figure out (I never did exactly figure it out).

The rectangular left side of the track was sooooo much more fun than I thought it would be. The corners came at you quicker than expected and were just tight enough to make you work at it to carry some speed. You were accellerating hard going up over the paved berm (hill) at the top of the track so as you came over the top and started back down the front end would "power wheelie." The paved berm is hard to see in the picture but its definitely there.

In the center rectangular section, we set up some tires and orange cones to make a tighter section with four 180 degree corners connected by a pretty long "in-field" straight, then back to the right-hand side of the track. When entering the right-hand side, there is another paved berm (hill) to negotiate before the first left-hander.

J.R. has some Go-Pro video he will post sooner or later so stay tuned.

Now a question for you. Who can commit to going out there to ride on Sunday, June 5th from about 9 am to noon? This is the Sunday before our June 12th race at Miller so a good chance to get in some practice, or a chance to ride if your more into "recreational Supermoto riding". Cost will be $25 a head. You'll need to sign a release at the track. Post-up and stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
I should be able to have the footage edited and posted by tomorrow night :thumbup:

You all missed put. Weather was nice and cool, great track, great evening!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I would commit to a Saturday morning. I got caught up at work and couldn't make it Monday and the reason we tried for Monday was the guys that work at shops and they didn't show up anyway so lets give the guys that said they can make a saturday ride a chance!

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Set up a Saturday session Justin. I should be able to go as long as Im not out of town racing

From Monday the 16th
I couldnt get the credits to slow down, Still working on my windows movie maker skills. And next time I think Ill add music to drown out my missed shifts! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts