SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still pissed off for the fact I only got to do 1 Track day back in Oct in Ocala and nothing ever since.... lil pissed off there isnt anything in the Orlando area either that I know of......

So is there any info about Starke? I heard somthing about a new facility there but the prices look outragious!

whats the old starke track i hear about, how much, and when? I am just looking for practice days, not planning on racing........YET

·
Registered
93 Posts
Practice

Semra has a race coming up at the end of March at Monticello, and there is a practice day the day before. Check out www.semra.org and check schedule. Also look under "tracks" for Monticello.

The 3,000 foot kart track at Starke is very reasonable. 10 guys could rent the facility and be around $120 each, including EMT.
352-473-2999 Ask for Ivor.

WE will also be at Moroso in October.

I wouldn't worry about Ocala. There are plenty of other tracks that want us.......

John Halsey
www.semra.org
[email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow mont is a lil too far for my needs...............any idea when sum 1 will be renting out starke? $120 seems a lil high but id image it would be cheaper with more ppl....is Ocala totally out of the question?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow mont is a lil too far for my needs...............any idea when sum 1 will be renting out starke? $120 seems a lil high but id image it would be cheaper with more ppl....is Ocala totally out of the question?

Drive time from Ocala to Monticello is 2.5 hrs. That's out of your "range"?

Starke had a trackday last weekend. Were you there? There seemed to be a pretty good SuMo crowd.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
nope in the orlando area, yeah its a bit too far for me
Wait a minute..

..Too far?

You need to suport the event It IS A REALLY nice track, and this is what happened to the Ocala track. people asked for a track day/race weekend and then NO ONE SHOWED!:rant::rant::rant: Stop freakin' out about the distance and go to the event!

just my 2 cents:arsenal

LW

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wait a minute..

..Too far?

You need to suport the event It IS A REALLY nice track, and this is what happened to the Ocala track. people asked for a track day/race weekend and then NO ONE SHOWED!:rant::rant::rant: Stop freakin' out about the distance and go to the event!

LW

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is 6.5 hrs from my house to Monticello. Trackowners get excited with good turnout. Have a couple light turnouts and see how interested they are........

Janitor

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Wait a minute..

..Too far?

LW
No kidding. Three hours is not bad to ride a seriously nice track once a month...

I was seriously bummed when Ocala fell apart! I was SO ready for the Spring 2008 Supermoto Series!

btw- Does Ivor not do open track days anymore? I don't see them on the schedule...

·
4,852 Posts
What are the prices for the montecello days?
The track day is $50 per rider plus $15 for insurance wrist bands which are good for both the track day Saturday and the races Sunday. The cost for racing on Sunday will depend on how many classes you enter. I started a thread here, in this very same section, with links to both the SEMRA website and the track website.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=52701

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well damn....i think i might just make it out to pratice......................... get paid the day b4! I just wanna practice! Can i just show up or do I have to register?

·
4,852 Posts
Well damn....i think i might just make it out to pratice......................... get paid the day b4! I just wanna practice! Can i just show up or do I have to register?
You should come race too! Thats were the fun is! If you want to just practice, just show up at the track, no registration is needed. I gurantee, if you come to practice, you will want to race the next day. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well any ideas goin on yet?

Travis, really, without being rude, if you don't attend the events that are already scheduled, why would you ask for more to be set up?

We had an event at Starke, Ivor had an event at Starke, and we had an event at Monticello. If I remember correctly, you bowed out of all of them.

Trackowners and promoters look at turnout to determine if they should do another event or schedule a whole series.

John Halsey
www.semra.org
[email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never inquired and if you looked this is the 2nd post to due with starke that I asked about except bein peeved about the short notice on the last practice. From what I last saw someone had a last minute starke track day and by the time I heard about it, it was too late, Now I admit that I couldnt show up to monticello due to my wife bein sick but dont hold that against me, The only one I showed up for was Ocala, and well that doesnt go on anymore, geeze sorry for asking about when there might be another starke....just next time give more notice beside the short notice from the last event there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
basically take off your tag, tape up your lights, replace coolant with water/water wetter, and possibly ttake off your kickstand, and have a DECENT set of tires! and good protection!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never inquired and if you looked this is the 2nd post to due with starke that I asked about except bein peeved about the short notice on the last practice. From what I last saw someone had a last minute starke track day and by the time I heard about it, it was too late, Now I admit that I couldnt show up to monticello due to my wife bein sick but dont hold that against me, The only one I showed up for was Ocala, and well that doesnt go on anymore, geeze sorry for asking about when there might be another starke....just next time give more notice beside the short notice from the last event there.
Keep your eye on www.gorally.com. Ivor will post any events on his calendar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts