SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the thread says, it's going to happen.

I was racing this weekend out at Shawano and the Husky bit me hard. I was high sided on the famous Hamster face corner. I changed out some shims in my slipper clutch last week. I was getting some clutch slip at practice, so I put some thicker shims in.
All was well in practice on Sat morning, no clutch slip at all. Then I down shifted with no clutch like I always do with my slipper. And before I new it I got sent to the moon.
I rang my bell pretty good, not remembering anything at all what had just happened. It took me a good 10-15min before I could remember anything. And then I could feel that I broke my collar bone.

It could have been a lot worse that's for sure. Doc says I can ride in 6-8 weeks again. But it will be more like 4 weeks if all goes well.

This is racing and I wouldn't trade it for the world.:thumbup:

I will be back stronger than before, you can bet on that.:arsenal

·
Registered
366 Posts
hope you heal up fast, docs always give you the worst case to cover there own ass.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ouch that sucks! I want track reveiw when your better. Itz along trip from the metri.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
looks like a clean fracture, bit like mine last year.

if you take it real easy the first 2 weeks it should heal up quick, but I wouldn't risk riding after just 4 weeks.

I had that idea in my head because I could move around again without issue after 3 weeks, until I went on a check-up a week later and the x-ray showed the bone still wasn't fully healed yet... add another 3 to 4 weeks and only then can you be sure everything is healed completely. I was out for 7 in total before I got back on my bike.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Crap man, hate to hear that. Things happen when you're racing though. Those crashes when you don't expect it really suck too. Hope you heal up and get to feeling better soon. I imagine the Husky took a bit of thrashing as well.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Heal up fast brother!

·
Registered
32 Posts
sucks you got busted up. collar bones are just to weak. so im not the only one concerned about what happened to that gorgeous bike of yours am i?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dude, you took a real hit doing what you love! Respect that. Get the 'Gutzy' now too :D

And the bike was just done :rant:

Hang in there amigos :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is not my first broken bone. Shit, this is my third collar bone.:lol: All in all, things are good. I'm ok and the Husky just needs a new set of bars and front end tweaking, and it's ready to shred again. It's my new Shoei VFX-W that got trashed. Did it's job, but damn I only wore it four times.:rant: But , I can't be mad, I'm just fine and that's why you buy a good helmet.

Equalz- It sure was great to meet you in person finally. Bet your ass I will be there on the fourth, riding or not. :lol:

Vroom- The track is off the hook bro. Can't even put it in words. Nothing like I have ridden before. Worth the 5 hour drive for sure. I will be going back ASAP.:bowdown:
The group of people over there are a hoot too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I feel for you man, I just broke my right clavicle myself on Saturday , check the lobby

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw your thread. Heal up bro. If you would of had your leathers on, you would be better off. Live and learn I always say.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hope you heal up real quick man :thumbup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
That sucks! Glad it's no worse than that. High sides are nasty. Had you been backing it in successfully with the new slipper config or was this the first corner where you pitched it in hard?

Heal up quick! (And heal up completely.) Hope to see you soon even if it's just as a spectator.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts