SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought it last night and started swapping the wheels. the rear went right on but I'm gonna have to get spacers or lace up the factory hub for the front.

Here is the list of the stuff on order
white plastic
acerbis sm fender
320mm brake bracket
these graphics but i'm gonna have the white and black swapped around. i want it to be more white. the crash addict is my buddies company. these are his team graphics

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
nice. i just swaped the wheels on my 09 and love it. if i where you id just get the spacers so you can swap back if you want to hit the dirt or upgrade again down the road.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i found the spacers i need and ordered them this morning. so hopefully they will be here in time to enjoy this nice weather!

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is awesome. I'd like to upgrade to a wr450. We will get a ride together, as soon as I stop dragging my feet about getting my fork seals replaced :headshake

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea u need to get on that... I'm getting antsy to ride it. I took it around the block with the dirt set up and it is mucho faster than the 400!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I started tonight! The plastics will be here tomorrow, and I should be getting a preview pic of my graphics in a day or 2. i'm gonna order the gytr ais kit and fmf q4 next week.

what i did tonight.
front sm acerbis fender
painted the headlight shroud
installed a keyed ignition
wired up TT Vapor
polished the frame and swingarm
cleaned off all the stickers

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should post a picture of the headlight shining directly against a wall at night when you have a chance. I'm planning on putting an 07+ wr headlight and HID on my bike as well and am kinda curious just how bad the beam pattern is gonna be.
Liking the white by the way, looks really clean. Can't wait to see what it looks like with graphics.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'll do that. I plan on riding tonight to see if I like it or not.

I am also going to get a new seat. I was looking at some for my old bike last year and will have to find the site again but they looked much more comfortable.

Trying to get rid of all the blue on it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
looking good. how do those rear pegs fit? im planning on picking some up real soon...the girlfriend has been getting real lonely.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking good. how do those rear pegs fit? im planning on picking some up real soon...the girlfriend has been getting real lonely.
the top bolts to factory locations, the bottom has brackets. pretty clean looking. i'll have to ask the guy i bought it from what brand they are.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i've been working a lot here the last few weeks, so i rewarded myself.......

I ordered some stuff today
fmf q4
fmf mega bomb
gytr ais kit
white enduro eng hand gaurds
white protaper 2.0 bar pad
and graphics
all i need is to get rid of the blue on the seat and she should be done. for now...

they guy i buy my stuff from at the local yamaha shop has an 09 that he has done this to and said it is a completely different bike. not that i really need that :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should post a picture of the headlight shining directly against a wall at night when you have a chance. I'm planning on putting an 07+ wr headlight and HID on my bike as well and am kinda curious just how bad the beam pattern is gonna be.
Liking the white by the way, looks really clean. Can't wait to see what it looks like with graphics.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
where did you get you're hids? i usually go with ddm tuning but i just realized that the these had the h6m instead of the h4

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPS brought me some goodies!

fmf q4
fmf megabomb
ais removal kit
white protaper bar pad
white EE hand guards
the graphics should be here soon

·