SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i need to buy a high flow water pump for my 09 SMR450 and i cant find ANYWHERE, were somebody has one, or any for that matter. ive searched for a few hours on the net, and i find rebuild kits to plastics, tanks,radiator, etc but NO high flow water pumps??? ive diagnosed my bike to be over heating when i go on long rides it losses power, and if i stop riding for a bit and get back on it, it runs fine till im on it for 30-45mins of consistant riding then losses power again. ive read on hear about bikes over heating and people putting the high flow pumps on to fix the problem but i cant find where to buy one at for the SMR450..

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Hall's Cycles

race water pump set / $39 / (part #8000 H2449)

It fits my 510, but ask them whether it also fits your 450:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill call them tomorrow and ask them ques. about it. i go on there website and type the part # you gave me in the (search by part # section) and it says theres no part number that matchs. and the web site doesnt show any water pump kits?? this is were im having all the trouble... i guess im retarded..:rolleyes2: but if you say thats were you bought it at i guess ill try and call them and see was up. im just a better internet buyer than dealing with someone over the phone.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hall's Cycles

race water pump set / $39 / (part #8000 H2449)
It fits my 510, but ask them whether it also fits your 450:thumbup:
What exactly do you get for $39? Is this all you need, no gaskets or o-rings?

ill call them tomorrow and ask them ques. about it. i go on there website and type the part # you gave me in the (search by part # section) and it says theres no part number that matchs. im just a better internet buyer than dealing with someone over the phone.
The part # finder lots of times comes up empty, but if you call they have it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Why do you think its over heating? Is the fan running non stop on the radiator? Mine also seems more crisp before it gets hot, but it isn't like my cooling fan is running, unless I'm in stop and go traffic and its warm outside.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
About your overheating, that is not normal. Looking at your other posts, you say you have the power up kit, but still on stock exhaust with cats. Running this way can clog the cat/conv over time, maybe it's overheating cause it can't exhale properly? If it's got warranty left I would take it in and see what they say. Definitely not normal though.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
What exactly do you get for $39? Is this all you need, no gaskets or o-rings?

The part # finder lots of times comes up empty, but if you call they have it.
You get a new outer housing and a bigger impeller. I was told I reuse the gasket. I have the kit at home, but haven't installed it yet.

When you enter the part number, be sure to take out the space in the middle

Quick Order Confirmation

Part number 8000H2449 was added to your cart. - $39.75

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
These bikes have an insufficient water pump from the factory and the RR pump works very well. I also recommend changing the hoses and drilling holes in the rad guards to increase air flow across the radiator. I'm probably also gonna get some fluidyne rads eventually.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
These bikes have an insufficient water pump from the factory and the RR pump works very well. I also recommend changing the hoses and drilling holes in the rad guards to increase air flow across the radiator. I'm probably also gonna get some fluidyne rads eventually.
MX is right. Water wetter and pump will help a ton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts