SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is Monday morning, and no results posted (that I can find) on AMA's website or even on the XTRM website. No stories, no results, no nothing.

As a fan and casual observer, I find this really hard to believe. I hate to say it, but I wish they could get their act together. You have a race, you damn well better get results out to people who are interested. Otherwise, we'll lose interest!!:lame:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Just because you did not find the results does not mean there were none posted up, learn how to read will ya......

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point is that there's is nothing posted on the 'official' AMA Supermoto site or on XTRM's website regarding the race. No report, no press release, no results.

That's ridiculous! Pay some high-school kid $50 and stuff him full of hot dogs & soda, but have him sit there and post the results! How hard can it be?

Yes, you posted results, but by taking a picture of the sheets and posting that. Thank you, that's great, but I want the powesr that be to release something official as well.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Greg has a point. It's the AMA's series and they should post up results for the fans, at a minimum (in this day and age you would think they would have live feed / web casts :rolleyes:). In the 1970's we didn't have an internet, or 800 / 900 phone numbers to call. The evening news didn't carry motorcycle racing nor did the newspapers. We had to wait patiently for the monthly / weekly magazines / racing papers to get the results. Or you listened to the rumors at the bike shops who had someone (sometimes) call them with results from the track the next day (which were wrong as often as not).
The casual race fan will quickly lose interest if he has to diligently search for results. Heck, they'll lose interest if they can't see the race on a screen. Let's face it reading a black & white print out of who won is not as entertaining as actually watching the race. Without fans, especially NEW fans, SM will not survive. It is, and has been, hanging on by a thread for a while here in the US. You would think that the AMA would be trying to salvage the series. :headscrat

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Are they going to be posting lap times? What's with the moto #1 and #2 stuff. Is that heat and main?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
AMA controls the racing at the track, not the races or the venues(that is what a promoter is for), nor do they promote it, That is up to XTRM....

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have never replied to threads like this but you guys are just so damm negative and it really is getting old.
The race report will be up but it does take time to get home.
Try to be positive for once.
It would really be nice to see a nice thread after all the work that has gone into this..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please don't be offended by what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to be negative, but I believe I have a valid point. The series is a national series, and deserves the effort a national series requires. I am 100% sure the series wouldn't be happening if it weren't for the efforts of Gavin and probably very few others doing 99% of the work. But while the logistics of setting up races and promoters and teams and venues is being taken care of, the details after the race need to be addresses and delegated as well.

I can't go to the races, I have to rely on the web for info, and there isn't any! You don't have to reinvent the wheel to get results posted, after all even the AMA managed to do it in the past.

I hope to provide feedback from a fan, not to attack anyone's hard work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now that round 1 is done our timing and scoring guy has now got our software to sync with timing and scoring that was used by the AMA. By the next round we will have the live wire up and it will be on the xtrm.com site for you to view. You will also see that we have a web cast done by Moto Pr and you will be able to view the race talk on the xtrm.com site. There is so much to be done with little help from the AMA. Don't forget that Xtrm his signed a deal with Speed TV to have all 6 rounds on TV.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That all sounds great, thanks!

Let us know when the webcast is up, and when SPEED will be airing the races, I'll be sittin' in front of the TV waiting!

Greg

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Thanks GAVINJR ! Alot don't realize some changes in sites and responsibilities so things are getting ironed out.....
I think the sport is going in the right direction....good things sometimes takes time......I for one can imagine the task you have in front of you and really appreciate your efforts....I know you are very busy addressing some of these issues.....so keep up the good work.....:thumbup:
If I can help in anyway in the future PM me.....
I was at the event and really enjoyed it......:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Gotta take a little positive from the negative...there were alot of people wanting info on the race and it was difficult to get. We applaud your effort in the future on the simulcast and the live wire. But it could have been worse....there could have been no support in looking for information.

I see the fact that people are upset as a FACT that people want and support this series!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Gavin, Thanks for all the hard work. I think that people in this day and age have high expectations and want everything yesterday. I also grew up racing in the late 70s and we wouldnt get any info until the latest Cycle news came out or if you didnt have a subscription to that you had to wait 1-2 months for MXA to come out, so i try not to get worked up over waiting a few days for results. Thats just my 2 cents. Thanks again to all who are behind the scenes making things happen, its a thankless but required job!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Completely agree with Gerg

I understand it's all hard work and everything but updating a website with daily results and some pictures is 15 minutes of work which will keep everybody updated and happy. Just a daily update on the news part of the site:

http://www.xtrm.com/supermoto/news.htm

Is that the official site or is amasupermoto.com the official site? Kinda confusing.

And people shouldnt have to go to forums to look for the results. Also 2 days and still no pics to be seen?

I love the news about the broadcasts btw!

·
Registered
328 Posts
We just want to thank WHR (Lee Collins and family) and Gavin Trippe for the great weekend. We really appreciate all the hard work that went into making the event happen. It was great to have this 15 minutes from home! Also, thanks to VSM, Travis at TBT and Scott Hoffman for the helpful advice and awesome photos.

The Sunday races were fun and we were glad the Hart and Huntington crew stuck around to race along with a few other new faces. Steve Drew put on an awesome wheely demonstration! Jeremy has what's left of the "wheely pants" hanging in his room. I hope the skin grows back.

The car races on Friday night were hillarious! There is a video on Youtube of Mr. Dizzy jumping the school bus.

The Lehmanns

1 - 20 of 32 Posts