SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i decided to cut more weight off the bike..Got the idea from dukepilot and after i seen how it was done i decided to do it myself...I have about $40 in it got the batterys which where A123 at the hobby store...Got a bunch of room now where the old battery was.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na but you can buy them from companys..Id say it weighs about 1 pound...The stocker maybe 5 to 7 pounds.I just didnt want to spend $150 plus when i could do it myself.Either way i trimmed more fat......lol

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Do you know what the amp hour the stock battery was rated for? If you are using 2300mah batteries then you are at 2.3 amp hours. I have a tester somewhere it would be a good test to see how many amps and watts the starter pulls and to see how many minutes of cranking a small setup like this give.

Never mind it says right on the front of your battery in the pic that its a 12 amp hour so compared to your new setup the stocker has 5.2 times as much cranking time. As long as the battery starts well it should be fine, pray it never has any hot start issues!!!!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Another thing I just thought of about the a123's is that you don't have to worry about jumping or using to much amperage to charge. You can charge those things as fast as you want and don't need to worry about them burning up. Keep us posted on how this works for you. I want to do something similar and my bike always fires right up so I don't the the shortened cranking time would be an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts