SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone used the Warp 9 wheel set on a DR for some time and care to comment? I guess I'll let people know how it goes as I plan on keeping the bike until it stops running and can't be fixed.

Cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update:
So far so good I ordered a kit with WARP9 wheels from a prominent advertiser on this site and it arrived 4 days later. I installed the wheels, chain, and front sprocket with only a small clearance issue on the rear brake caliper. The issue was quickly resolved with a grinder.
I have broken the wheels in according to the manufacturer after purchasing a 6.8 mm spoke torque wrench. I found only one questionable loose spoke after the first 20 minute ride and none after that.
I have not noticed the lack of a Cush drive so far and suspect with a little judicious use of the lever on the left it does not make a big difference. All for now I’ll be out riding since summer is scheduled to return to the PNW on Friday.
Regards
:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kudos to WARP 9

Kudos to WARP 9, I sent them my DR650 OEM HUB to be laced to one of their 17” X 4.25” rims with custom spokes.
From the time I shipped it to the time I received it back in the mail was a total of 8 business days. The wheel went into place and is working perfectly with no clearance issues to work out.
GREAT JOB WARP 9.
OK, shameless plug over but these guys really did a great job I think.
:clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts