SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and thanks in advance for help! So I'm having issues fitting the rear rim. 17 x 4.25 warp 9 rear which I'm putting on my 15 KTM 690 enduro R. So the 6 bolts on the abs ring touch the bracket caliper bracket. Once the Axel is tightened the wheel has no movement what so ever. It's the difference of maybe 2 mm's? I contacted warp 9, told them about the issue and was only sent the same damn bolts which didn't help me anything. I've also attempted putting the stock rotor and abs ring on the rim and no luck with that either. Any help would be appreciated, I am currently trying to get in contact with warp 9 a second time to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Is it possible the spacers (bushings) are wrong or idk if it uses two different ones, maybe left and right are swapped?

You have the oem dirt wheels right?
Just compare spacers and see if that's is the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are supposed to have a new set of spacers and bolts

Here is a direct quote from Taylor an employee at Warp 9

"We have sorted those issues out. The spacers have been changed, and we now include special bolts for the ABS rings that don’t contact the caliper. "

I would reach out to him as he seems to know whats up. His number is 801 699 7979

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already have man. The first time i contacted them, they said no problems we know the issue and were sending you "low profile" bolts that should fix the issue. Only problem was, the bolts that they sent me, were the same bloody ones! So i attempted to contact them again through email and phone and i received no help. So now i have a local custom shop making me custom bushings. With the exchange rate right now, its pretty sad that i paid 2 grand canadian for stuff that doesnt even fir properly.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That really sucks. While your working with your shop you should contact Motostrano who are site sponsors to SMJ and have a ton of experience with Warp9 wheels since they sell a ton of them. Their contact info it's right in their forum page. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts