SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a bunch of guys-maybe one guy with different seller names on ebay. He's selling a massive amount of 'brembo' master cylinders from Thailand. I admit it was tempting at first until I looked at their feedbacks. All the feedback was from buying not selling. And all the stuff they bought was usually around $0.50 to jack up their positive feedback. Then the one guy has a ton of negatives about the master being copies and junk quality. Which explains getting a $250 master for $10. This might be the wrong place to post this but I thought i'd try to help some peeps out. There's some other forums where guys have recieved them and said what POS parts they got. Some other dudes didn't get anything. I have a real brembo master on two of my bikes and they're awesome. The front brake on MY bikes is the last place i'll cheap out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
from the way the message is written, it looks more like the seller is from China then Thailand. For items like brakes and tyres, it may be better to buy from trustworthy source.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
remember updated...you want to replace your master cylinder before it gets nice out...:D I'd be happy to remove it for you.

spence

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
There's a bunch of guys-maybe one guy with different seller names on ebay. He's selling a massive amount of 'brembo' master cylinders from Thailand. I admit it was tempting at first until I looked at their feedbacks. All the feedback was from buying not selling. And all the stuff they bought was usually around $0.50 to jack up their positive feedback. Then the one guy has a ton of negatives about the master being copies and junk quality. Which explains getting a $250 master for $10. This might be the wrong place to post this but I thought i'd try to help some peeps out. There's some other forums where guys have recieved them and said what POS parts they got. Some other dudes didn't get anything. I have a real brembo master on two of my bikes and they're awesome. The front brake on MY bikes is the last place i'll cheap out.
I was seriously considering one of those till someone else nearly got burned on apriliaforum.... Thanks for the heads up, we need to eliminate that scum from the internet:arsenal

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
junk

You got it man. That stuff is crap and I hate seeing stuff like that. There's a few different guys selling it on ebay. They all bought a bunch of cheap junk to ack up their feedback and now they're selling this garbage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is all good information and thanks for looking out for fellow forum members! I just looked at the item on eBay and the guy was honest about his item. He states that the item is not "Brembo" and it does not come with a SN or warranty. If you're an idiot without reading the item description (in red no less) than well...

Although I empathize with the folks that left the negative feedbacks, know the guy's not a "total" crook either!

·
Registered
98 Posts
How Crap

For the price I wonder how crap they are?

Anyone bought one to see what is so bad about or are we all on the Tar & Feather band wagon here?

Heh if the machining is bad and the tolerances are out, plus the seals are NFG, then I would agree.

I just haven't seen a post here from someone who has bought one and can give a first hand explanation.

I agree the original Brembo should be manufactured a lot better, but you would be surprised what brands are being made in China now and we don't know anything about it:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
This is all good information and thanks for looking out for fellow forum members! I just looked at the item on eBay and the guy was honest about his item. He states that the item is not "Brembo" and it does not come with a SN or warranty. If you're an idiot without reading the item description (in red no less) than well...

Although I empathize with the folks that left the negative feedbacks, know the guy's not a "total" crook either!
+1 this guy is doing nothing wrong every add has in big red writing this is not a brembo , he is not trying to rip anyone off as you only have to look at his buy it now prices .
i have brought a real 16x16 master cylinder in bangkok and it was 14,000 baht he has them up for 700 baht

·
Registered
862 Posts
think about it $10 for a Brembo caliper ???????????? Do you reallyneed to even check on it.

+1, I mean really, the piece of quality 7500 series aluminium to make a quality component like that is probably a bit ore than $10

I have, through personal experience, discovered that the chinese version of 7500 series is VERY different than actuall 7500 series

1 - 19 of 19 Posts