SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new race bike......I am considering a Berg again....talked to a dealer and he can order me a 2008 FS650C c/w an Akro. can from the factory(limited quanities....) he says alittle over 8 K landed at his shop.....It will take approx 2 weeks to bring in......
What do you guys think....?
Do some massive head work, re jet the carb, add a slipper clutch and lower/revalve the suspension......throw the numbers on her and....:bike:

The 09 570 as a dirt bike is over nine....sooo throw in 3 K and its blowin past all the bigbore ktm's....wooo hoo ??
Oooor I get a 505SX-F and go to town on that hummer as i have all the wheels and shiz...with the exception of a slipper and the radial brake.....Hmmmmmm ooooor a stripped down 690 :eek:

·
Registered
955 Posts
690 is a fat pig! Get the 08 or wait for the 09...

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Pssst, hey B, there are 690's right now in Spokane.......35lbs lighter than stock and making 71HP at the rear wheel on the dyno. I think next year or even later this year you will start seeing them at the races.........racing. Oh yeah, I might add... they already have slipper clutches and a 6speed tranny. Street/Track and HOOLIGAN bike in one package. You might wanna rethink that Husy......

·
Registered
410 Posts
Or you could buy my last years Factory built race bikes from Sweden. I have both of them, each only have 8 hours on them. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's not teasing. That is a joke!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm actually entering a race with one of those buses last weekend in august.
A swedish bike news site together with KTM had a contest were the price was an all expenses paid race weekend. It is a race in the nordic supermono series (www.supermono.se) and I am really going to do my best. Take a look at this link to see some of my competitors bikes.
The bike site is www.fastbikes.se and here you can find some pics from the qualifying which was a time practise. I'm the guy in the scuffed yellow 'Berg leather.

It has good power but the handling feels nothing likte my 'Berg. The way the power is delivered is nothing like the 'Berg either, it feels like if
my mom rode it she would say it is well-mannered.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have to say that they do look good in race trim from that handle bars back. But that front end looks crap. KTM need to sort that out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Teaser pics....
So someone is going to put this on a Supermoto track with a dirt section in a race? And its going to compete in unlimited class? Good luck, I don't care if it has 100 HP :headshake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts